Cisco Explorer 4250 HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Cisco Explorer 4250 HD

I have own all my Rogers TV hookup boxes, a decision made back when I trusted Rogers that I have come to regret. My 2 boxes that aren't PVRs have recently lost the info on programs. They just list the titile and as far as I can tell there is no "New" flash as on my owned PVR. Is this some move by Rogers to force me to upgrade to the silly Netbox or is there a setting on these to enable the guide to display info as it used to?

Since I bought my stuff I doubt that there is an avenue to upgrade it anyways. Last time I checked Rogers was demanding that a tech come out if you bought/rented one of the Netboxes for a 50.00 charge to set it up when all one has to do is plug the dame thing in and call for reset.

Another thing that makes me leery of upgrading is that Rogers has been unsuccessfull in getting rid of vidoe\audio lag events that are bad enough to make it very difficult to watch even some recorded stuff.

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Cisco Explorer 4250 HD

Just to be accurate, the $50 is only of you want Whole Home PVR functionality, as a tech needs to properly install filters on the cable line.

If you don't want WHPVR, then no tech is required.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The problem you are having is across all older boxes with the Sara guide. Rebooting the box should get you 2-7 days of programming back but may have to continue doing this for now to get it. We don't know when/if they are fixing this.

A tech to come out to set up costs nothing, only if as lurker said was if you are adding the whole home pvr.

Otherwise you can just go out, buy a box, call in to have it added/authorized, and that's it.

I have had just about every box available since they came out over the years, and have never had any audio/video lag unless experiencing a signal issue.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I apparantly have the only SARA boxes in Ontario with fully functioning guides....knock on wood.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Naw, my in laws 8300 and my mothers 4250 seems ok. But they are in the same city. Maybe never got the update?

I've Been Around

My old Scientific American Rogers 4250HD box suddenly stopped working.  It is displaying err01 whenever I plug it in.  I can't seem to reset it by powering it off.

What does this error mean?  Is there a way to fix it?