Cisco DTA50 box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Cisco DTA50 box

My DTA 50 box has started turning on the TV by itself. The TV doesn't turn on if the box is unplugged.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cisco DTA50 box

@TGR1 : What is the make/model of the TV? Some TVs can "sense" when they receive a signal and then turn on.  You can check the various user menus of your TV to see if that option is turned on. 

Initially I thought it was simply the remote turning on the TV (which many remotes are pre-programmed to do), however, you say the TV doesn't turn on if the DTA is unplugged but you press the power button on the remote? 

Does the TV turn off when you press the power button on the remote for the second time?

I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry for the long reply wait. I tried t message back twice and thought I had but neither message appears anywhere. I must have  been doing something wrong.

The TV is an older RCA True Flat CRT TV.  The user options are very limited but I did check if the sleep option and it turned off.

The TV does turn off and on when using the DTA50 remote when the power has been disconnected to the box.

I wonder if Rogers can zap the box on line? It's still turning the TV on and at times turning it off as well. The frequency has diminished.

Thanks for your reply.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TGR1 wrote:

1. The TV does turn off and on when using the DTA50 remote when the power has been disconnected to the box.

2. I wonder if Rogers can zap the box on line?

3. It's still turning the TV on and at times turning it off as well. The frequency has diminished.

1. This contradicts what you said in your first post.  It's obvious that the remote is controlling the TV.  Most people want this. Just remember to point the remote at the TV when pressing the power button and it'll turn your TV on and off.  Some people press the power button on the remote and then turn the remote away quickly from the TV and the IR signal doesn't get to the TV in time...

2. The box has nothing to do with the TV going on or off. I believe it's only the remote that's controlling the TV.

3. Again, I believe it's the remote turning the TV on or off, especially if you have the TV's sleep timer turned off.

4. If you don't want the remote to control the TV at all, then you'll need to do the setup for the remote.  Simply programme in a code for a different TV that doesn't control your TV at all and the remote won't turn your TV on/off at all.  I'm not sure if that's what you want, or what you want exactly.

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/delta-urc3068/

5. If I haven't addressed the issue to your satisfaction, please reply stating exactly what you wish to accomplish, or what is happening that you don't wish to happen.

6. One other possibility. If the TV is turning on or off when you're not pressing the power button, it's possible that if you have another remote nearby it's sending the on/off signal when it's being used?