Cisco 8642 HD will no longer record And recordings dissappeared

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmorgan
I've Been Here Awhile

Cisco 8642 HD will no longer record And recordings dissappeared

My Cisco 8642 HD rented from Rogers will no longer record and all of my previously recorded programs have disappeared.  It was originally 20% full.  I still have access to all of the channels for which I pay.

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cisco 8642 HD will no longer record And recordings dissappeared

@Ahmorgan  : Here are my suggestions/comments:

1. Try rebooting the box a few times before doing a factory reset (which loses your programming). Who knows, it might find those programmes, but it may not if the iHDD is shot.

2. Is the iHDD (internal Hard Disk Drive) making any clicking noises?  If so, that's a sign that the drive is getting bad or is already shot.

3. Try a factory reset last.  

4. If that doesn't work, then you can swap out the box since it's a rental. Ask for a 9865 to replace it since the 8642s are so slow and for your troubles...

Good Luck and let us know the end result.

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersMoin

Hello, @Ahmorgan.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your concern; I appreciate your participation in the Community. The PVR losing the recording ability may hint the failure of the hard drive. Did you notice the hard drive making any strange noise?

I suggest the following steps;

• Power cycle the box by unplugging the power for about a minute
  • Restore Factory Settings - This can be done by going to Settings/Troubleshooting (Please note you'll lose all the remaining saved recordings)
  • You can swap the box at the nearest Rogers' Store

@57 may have more ideas on this matter. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ahmorgan  : Here are my suggestions/comments:

1. Try rebooting the box a few times before doing a factory reset (which loses your programming). Who knows, it might find those programmes, but it may not if the iHDD is shot.

2. Is the iHDD (internal Hard Disk Drive) making any clicking noises?  If so, that's a sign that the drive is getting bad or is already shot.

3. Try a factory reset last.  

4. If that doesn't work, then you can swap out the box since it's a rental. Ask for a 9865 to replace it since the 8642s are so slow and for your troubles...

Good Luck and let us know the end result.

View solution in original post

Ahmorgan
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for all who provided suggestions. Rebooted number of times and finally reset to no avail. Message appears when trying to record “ recording failed due to duplicate recording”. Will assume it’s hard disc failure and take it in to Rogers to be replaced with latest kit.