Channels unavailable?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Channels unavailable?

Since Thursday, it seems like any channel outside of basic channels (currently subscribed to VIP) doesn't work.  you tune into channel, says "tuning into channel, one moment" after a few seconds, message says "channel currently unavailable, please try again later".

I have called everyday and all Rogers says is ticket is open and they are investigating.  please wait 24-48 hours.  We are now on day 5 and i was getting p!ssed off at the CSR today becasue he's essentially ready his trouble shooting list and i'm telling him this has all been done.

Don't know what to do.  this can't go on like this.  BTW, this happens on bothe boxes.  A scientific atlantic HD box and a Cisco HD terminal.

Anyone else having similar issues?

we did see a rogers person last week at the main distribution box and i'm wondering if her put some sort of ilter by mistake on our line..

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Channels unavailable?

Uness its an outage or similar thing effecting your whole area..

Its likely something more specific signal wise to your house, etc.

Suprised they have not sent a tech out to check.

I Plan to Stick Around

this is frsutrating.  They say signal is fine, but at same time that something must be blocking a portion of the signal.

I don't get it.  I asked him, how long should I be waiting, a month, a year?  the anser of 24-48 hours doesn't work after 5 days.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Probably a signal issue at your home or in your neighbourhood. You may wish to call back and have them recheck the signal (properly).  This is usually an issue with the "return" signal from your STB(s) not getting through to the head end.  Something blocking the signal upstream like a bad splitter, or something outside the home. Check with your neighbours, although Rogers can also check your neighbours' signals.  Often they cannot even see your STBs properly if the return signal is blocked.

This usually also affects Rogers On Demand or other On-Demand options.

If the signal is good and if you can get ROD, you may need to have a technican out or check to see if all of your channels have been properly activated (provisioned).

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @Heavyd1981

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums!

We can take a closer look into this issue you're having with your channels. If you are still experiencing this issue, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps the next time you are online and we can assist.

@RogersPrasana

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Heavyd1981 wrote:

we did see a rogers person last week at the main distribution box and i'm wondering if her put some sort of ilter by mistake on our line..

Rogers does not use filters anymore. That was back in the day of analog when they would be used to block channels you weren't subscribed to.  Now that's all done at the head end according to your account.  So this could be signal loss due to a loose connection in the main distribution box, or your account has been mistakenly changed to basic cable. I don't place a lot of faith in tickets opened to fix problems. Last year I reported  not receiving a couple of channels and a ticket was opened. The problem went away in a couple of days, but I kept receiving "An important message from Rogers" about the ticket for months, indicating nobody had really looked into it. I finally had to contact Rogers to stop the emails because the problem was gone. Not solving this problem within 24 hours is terrible. You should call Rogers every day. If it doesn't get rectified, you should be charged for VIP.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

i'm waiting for this to be fixed before asking for credit.

that being said, i'm sure one of the 5 reps (everyday i call) would be able to tell me if i'm on basic cable or not.  

they say there's a issue on the signal return and the only answer i get is "we're investigating, wait 24-48 hours".

this is unaceptable !!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the ticket # if anyone can help.  

Hello, @Heavyd1981

We have reached you out through @CommunityHelps, please reply back to the private message. You can follow the link to access your Inbox, thank you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

i replied back to you.