Channels not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re : Channels not working

Hello Jayzino

You can do a factory reset on all boxs vis the Settings. As for the channels, it seems like it could be something via the channel or signal
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Channels not working

Fixed that - just cancelled the channels
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello druid7

Well sad to see you cancelled the channels but glad to see by doing that, it started working without issues
I'm a Regular

Well after a good week or 2 of the channels back in with no problems it started once again!  I called Rogers same bs telling me to reset box which isn't the problem and told me they're going to send someone out,I know they can charge you if it's something wrong from inside the house although in the past I know I've had luck and these tech guys are usually nice and didn't charge me last time they came to fix something in my house although I'm worried they might this time for sure.      

Funny thing is last time this happened the channels going out was around the same days Thursday through the weekend.   hmmm  

I'm a Senior Advisor

I've had Rogers out for what I thought was a poor signal. I had a rat's nest of cables and splitters in my suspended ceiling. The tech replaced cable, splitters and connectors and I wasn't charged anything. This has happened more than once.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah I think it's very rare, they just have to say the disclaimer anyways.

I'm a Regular

Just wanted to say still having cable problems and that I really hope not all channels will be digital anytime soon at all because at least I can go back to analog and get the channels I want to watch AMC mostly.  btw AMC looks fine on analog so don't know why signal for that channel and the other aren't coming in baffles me because Global signal sucks on analog but yet comes in on digital.

Smiley Frustrated

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Completely different frequencies.

Analog and digital freqencies are different overall..  Analog is a much wider, that you can fit one channel, where in that same width of frequency, you can fit 3-5 digital channels (So they can offer more for the same bandwidth on the cable)
The channel in which channel A resides on, on analog... is a different frequency number than the digital... so one can have issues while the other is fine.. as the interfearance, etc may just be effecting the particular range.

I've Been Around

WE are experiencing service interruptions for CNN, HLN and A&E plus poor reception for a few other channels.  Please explain why this is the case.

Thank you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ArtoK :  This is often due to a poor signal.  Call Rogers and have them check the signal at your location and in your neighbourhood. They can do this remotely.  Here's a post on the topic, which comes up here very often:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM

Topic Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 in conversation