Channels / Packages Spreadsheet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Channels / Packages Spreadsheet

For those who'd like a comparison of Rogers Digital channels per package - because the Rogers package lineups don't highlight the differences between packages - I've created this spreadsheet.    Helps the wife and I clearly understand what we get. for the package we chose.  Though it might help someone else out there too.  Colourized to highlight the NEW channel when going up a tier. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsP1FhbDJGBmdDJjX09ma1NPbGgzVTVVSG5raFZBa0E&usp=sharing

Not claiming it's 100% accurate, it's created from Rogers standard package data. Turns out I can't go back down a tier to save money, to many channels lost .   

I'm not updating this further, just putting it out there for use.  Hopefully save someone else the time. 

Cheers,

Jon

***Edited labels***

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Channels / Packages Spreadsheet

Hi jbtyuo,

Looks like you've sunk a lot of time into this document. I'm sure it will be most helpful 😉

We do remind all users to review our website here: https://www.rogers.com/web/link/ptvBrowsePackagesFlowBegin?forwardTo=landing as packages, content & pricing does change.

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

Jon

Thank you so much for the spreadsheet. I didn't realize how much I would lose if I went down a package from the VIP. Guess I;m stuck with it and the $2.99 increase that just happened.....

I Plan to Stick Around

Bravo! Very nice piece of work. I've found the same as you, hard to get at that kind of info on Rogers website. Too much work.

I'm NOT a Rogers employee; I was a satisfied customer, but not anymore.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@jbrtyuo wrote:

For those who'd like a comparison of Rogers Digital channels per package - because the Rogers package lineups don't highlight the differences between packages - I've created this spreadsheet.    Helps the wife and I clearly understand what we get. for the package we chose.  Though it might help someone else out there too.  Colourized to highlight the NEW channel when going up a tier. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsP1FhbDJGBmdDJjX09ma1NPbGgzVTVVSG5raFZBa0E&usp=sharing

Not claiming it's 100% accurate, it's created from Rogers standard package data. Turns out I can't go back down a tier to save money, to many channels lost .   

I'm not updating this further, just putting it out there for use.  Hopefully save someone else the time. 

Cheers,

Jon

Nice job, a lot of time and effort. Problem is the package channel lineups change depending on where you live. So unfortunately this is not standard across canada. Even depending on where you live in the GTA/Toronto the channel lineups will differ.  

I've Been Here Awhile

Great work with the spreadsheet. It confirmed something that's totally messed up with the packages.

So TSN HD & TSN2HD are available in the HD VIP Package ($83/month) but are NOT available in the VIP Ultimate w/TMN package ($116/month).  That's some reeeeeeal sneaky stuff.  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Kudos for your fine work Jon.

I look forward to the time when we long-time-hosed customers will be able to get only what we want to pay for and not these packages.  Maybe then I can stop paying for such as APTN!

I Plan to Stick Around

What a shame that Rogers didn't have this type of  spreadsheet on their website in the first place.   

So simple and yet????

I'm a Senior Advisor

It would be simple indeed, but for whatever obscure reaon, Rogers seems to be going away from giving out such basic information. There used to be a listing of time shift channels available, which was handy for scheduling recordings when three or more shows I recorded were on at the same time on local channels. Then the list disappeared from the Rogers website and when I called them, I could never get a straight answer and nobody could direct me to a listing. The best I could do was google for old listings and just trial and error browsing the guide. I suspect Rogers does not want to commit to such listings anymore because they're constantly changing the availability of channels and want to push the Nextbox 3.0 for recording more than 2 channels.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

This spread sheet doesn't contain the new levels in between Digital Plus and VIP.  I believe you now have to pay extra for the HD versions of the channels from these packages where as previously, they were included. Rogers really needs to come up with their own chart to show what's included in each tier.  The way it's set up now is really confusing.