Channel unavailable a few seconds after watching

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Channel unavailable a few seconds after watching

I just recently got the nextbox 3.0, about 75% of the channels that I turn to are either unavailable, or magically change to unavailable only a few seconds after watching what ever program is currently playing. This doesnt make sense, how can the channel be up and then magically go down to unavailable everytime I change the channel.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Channel unavailable a few seconds after watching

First step - reboot.  Unplug, wait, replug.

If that doesn't work, reauthorize the box.

If that doesn't work, could be a weak signal.  NB3 seems to be more sensitive to signal problems than the old 8300's...

With the remote, hold the EXIT key until the power indicator blinks.  Then, in rapid succession, hit DOWN DOWN 2.  Diagnostic screen will appear. Look for the item marked 'Power (dBmV)' - If the number is yellow or red, the signal may be an issue, and mow you have a whole host of new troubleshooting to do.

Steps 1 and 2 are pretty much the first two things you should try when NB3 starts acting weird.

I Plan to Stick Around

A tech came by and checked everything out, the signal was perfect. It ended up being a crappy box, he replaced it and now all the channels are showing up, weird.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah heard a few reports on this but not overly common.

Seems like its a rare bug

I Plan to Stick Around

What the heck.  Friday I started getting message that I had channels that were "unavailable'.  Never mind that I am paying for these channels.  Yesterday the box kept clicking on and off, saying is was loading/downloading.  Today I have channels unavailable again, and I was watching one that suddenly became unavailable.  Somebody?  Anybody?  Do you have any idea what's going on?  Pretty frustrating to pay so much for something of which I don't receive the full benefit.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As was mentioned above.. LIKELY what the problem is, is SIGNAL related.

MOST of the time when you get that message, its due to a fact that there is a problem with the signal to the box.

Not that you have necessarily done anything wrong to have it happen.. could be something as simple as a plitter/connector going bad... but could even be further down the line with rogers as well.

Best bet, is give in a call to support, and have them send a TECH out to take a look.
Have them start at the street box, and check at ever point/connection along the way, to see where its stemming from.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation