Channel line up in Ottawa

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Channel line up in Ottawa

Does anyone know if the channel line up in Ottawa has changed?  We have basic and used to get 97-PBS, 27-Sports, and 28 RDI, but now get a blank screen and "No Signal" error.  

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: Channel line up in Ottawa

Hello @ottawa_guy ! Welcome to the forumsSmiley Happy

The channels you listed have been removed from the Analog Line Up in Ottawa as of Feburary 17th and are only avaliable to customers with a Digital Box or Digital Adapter. Incase you weren't aware Rogers is moving away from Analog Channels and going Digital. A Digital Adapter can be provided to you free of charge by visiting the following website and ordering one Smiley Happy

http://www.rogers.com/digitaladapter

Hope this helps Smiley Happy Post below if you have any other questions.

I've Been Here Awhile

So even though we have a Sony Bravia and the manual says "This TV is capable of receiving unscrambled digital programming for both cable (QAM and 8VSB) and external VHF/UHF antenna (ATSC)." we still need the digital box?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@ottawa_guy wrote:

So even though we have a Sony Bravia and the manual says "This TV is capable of receiving unscrambled digital programming for both cable (QAM and 8VSB) and external VHF/UHF antenna (ATSC)." we still need the digital box?

Yes, you do.

Rogers doesn't send 'unscrambled' QAM signals.....they're encrypted and can only be decoded by their boxes.

I've Been Here Awhile

Ahh, that  'splains it, thanks for the explanation.

I've Been Here Awhile

Because you need a digital apdater in order to continue your television experience 

I will post the channel lineup for you 

Here the channel lineup. 

Rogers Ottawa Channel Lineup