Channel Re-Alignment

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Channel Re-Alignment

I just turned on the TV ad noticed the loss of BBC News World. I was surprised and dissapointed. The customer service rep told me that I was sent a notice by mail of the changes in service. that I had recieved new chanels as part of this realignement and that she would gladly add BBC wrold news in for me an a nominal monthly charge.

I was happy with my previous package and had no wish to make any programming changes to it and yet that was what was imposed upon me.

As most of you I am sure you immediatley toss all of the junk mail from Rogers straight into the blue bin sinceby far most if it is a waste of resources.

After more than 20 years as a rogers TV customer, I am going to check with Bell Fibe to see if they can provide me with a similar level of service as the a similar price since my conversation and the explanation left me totally unsatisfied.. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

Getting BBC World News back for "a  nominal charge" after Rogers has taken it away is a complete ripoff. A better plan would be if you could swap a channel you didn't want for it. **bleep**, I'd be willing to swap 10 channels I didn't want because there's so much crap and duplication.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A BIG problem is.. a majoritiy of the channels that people dont want... normaly alot in the LOWER channel range, etc.. are the ones MANDATED by the CRTC... there are 20-30 that the CRTC says that EVERYONE in canada has to have, with any package 😞

I used to toss all the junkmail.. but for things like this, the rate increases.. a number of years back, i started reading them all anyways.... just in case... and toss when its a ADD.
Mostly, i found the JUNK was addressed to just the ADDRESS and maybe RESIDENT... but the more important ones directly the the name of the account holder.

As well most of all this info, has also been on the bill as well.  Its worth always reading EVERY page of your bill.
Now, with the 'online billing' most people may look only are more the OVERHEAD details via the MYROGERS section.. but if you click the download link, you can view the 'paper' copy.
This has usualy.. since about mid last year.. have sometimes up to 3 extra pages worth of 'annoucements' stuff in there.  All the analog channel drops, this years price increase, and also the re-alignment (though not as much details as the mailing),  were annouced in there.

Jaycola.. just as i said in a post a few posts up... I can understand your frustration, and you can choose anywhere you want for TV.  But i have seen my self and know others, who have experienced the same things with Bell and other providers as well, Rogers while may be the only one doing these chanels at this time.. ALL of them do things like this at different times over the years... its unavoidable 😞

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sorry to dredge up this old thread.

But was reading in my latest Rogers Bill....

Looks like Spike TV has been added BACK into the VIP package.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Spike was one channel I would not have missed. It was great when it was Nashville Network and I was really surprised it got grandfathered as Spike. Should have done that with Speed instead.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

And now BBC World News is being removed from the News Theme Package.  So I am forced to pay for the VIP, the News Theme Package to get CNN, and I need to pay a supplemental fee for BBC World News as well?  Come on!  Cable companies are losing people left and right to streaming services, and this is making those of us who remain on legacy cable feel less than valued customers.  Bad retention policy.