Channel Re-Alignment

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Channel Re-Alignment

Cap07, all of those alignments, are for the channel #s.. and regardless on the channel #, it will only be available in those channel locations on digital in the long run.

So yes, while AMC is moving its channel #, it will only be available on that channel # on digital.
This is a channel re-alignment notice period.. about where the channels are moving # wise (and the two moving to the specialty plans), and has nothing to do with the analog change over.

(just because its a lower number channel, while yes, that is where the analog channels are, the digital versions use the exact same numbers)

I'm a Regular

From what I'm seeing you can bet that most of your favourite channels will be "enhanced" to new more expensive packages in the next few years.

I'm not a Rogers employee but I play one on cereal boxes. :-)
I'm a Senior Advisor

I'm not sure everyone understood what I was saying. By realigning some channels, Rogers is removing them from basic cable and what's available on the limited number of channels via DTA and bumping them up to 1xx and 2xx, where you need to buy or rent a digital STB and/or subscribe to an additional package. For example, presently I can watch BBC World News on any TV on channel 38. After May 23, it will be gone. It will only be on digital channel 194. The way the notice reads, I'm not sure if I'll even be able to get 194 on my PVR, since Rogers says it will be removed from VIP and added to a new package.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

EVERY Television Cable or IPTV provider will re-align its cable lineup from time to time, Yes Rogers, bell, Telus, cogeco, east link, compton, shaw, etc. they ALL do it, EVERYONE, even the ones in the States. Cable is a privlege not a right, all you can do is if you really want the chanenl, suck it up and pay, otherwise, learn to live without it, after all its just a tv channel.

I am affected by this, you are affected, gd kitty, and everyone else too. but the difference is some of us make a big stink while the rest of us just accept it and move on. and if we re-evaluate our tv needs and decide if its worth paying for or not, some of us switch companies untill the next company does the same thing, so yes its ok to vent but now that u did, its time to hear the reality this happens everywhere.

I've Been Here Awhile

No question this is another sneaky price increase, and only a couple of months after I got used to the general across-the-board price increase. So I call to protest that BBC World (the best of the news channels) is being sidelined. The first comment I get is to blame the CRTC. So I suggest I could contact the CRTC, and the line suddenly changes to "well we have to balance our packages" NOW THAT DOESN'T CARRY ANY WEIGHT WITH ME. The simple fact is Rogers has seen a way to make more money by taking BBC World off the VIP package. AND IT IS NOT EVEN IN HIGH DEFINITION. What a cop-out. After many pleas to make it Hi Def, they decide to make us pay more for their second-rate transmission of the best of the news channels. (It's so good it consistently shows up CBC and Peter Mansbridge by getting the good stories one or two days before them. It is the only place where you can reliably see top class coverage of British ceremonial events. Has anyone noticed that Rogers has now superceded BBC programme advice with their own repetetive ads on BBC World News ands similar channels. They even adulterate it themselves). SO LET'S SHOUT LOUDLY - PUT BBC WORLD BACK, and leave it alone. And it is better without Rogers stealing time for adverts betweem bulletins.BBC does not adsvertise - Rogers steals the time from them.

SO I ASK TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER. I am told that is not the process to follow. I insist, but I'm put through to another flunky, and finally I am told I will be put through now, and I am left listening to Rogers promotional ads for 30 minutes (I timed the call) before I hung up. YES I WILL TALK TO THAT MANAGER. I remember their ad about the customer being kept on hold with a competitor. BUT I AM KEPT ON HOLD WITH ROGERS. And while I am on hold I have to listen to their annoying (very annoying under the circumstances) repeated messages telling us how good they are, which draws comments from me which are unfit to print.

SO PUT BBC WORLD BACK - ROGERS HAS BEEN FORCED TO CHANGE PLANS LIKE THIS BEFORE. Every protest counts - every phone call adds to the impression of customer dissatisfaction - and every time Rogers will have more and more reason to reconsider.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Pauly, I disagree .OTA may be a privilege, but when I'm paying for cable, it's a right. I can understand when Rogers adds channels to a package and increases the price, but when they increase the price while removing channels, that's a rip-off.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Regular

Well, according to the website, for only $33 ($43 with SD vip) more dollars (a month, plus tax) you can get BBC World News AND Spike back by upgrading your Television package, and some other channels you may or may not also enjoy that are not available on the V.I.P. package.

I've Been Here Awhile

So it appears this customer is crying before he is hurt. BBC World News is still available to me without extra cost as I am buying the VIP Digital Movies Plus package, (and BBC World is part of the Plus.) That doesn't of course make it any better for those customers who have to pay an extra $2.93 plus tax every month to keep the service.

I've Been Here Awhile

And to explain what Rogers said to me, it seems the CRTC and BBC have agreed to a higher fee for the service, which is why Rogers says they are "forced" to do this.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@dsmith300 wrote:

So it appears this customer is crying before he is hurt. BBC World News is still available to me without extra cost as I am buying the VIP Digital Movies Plus package, (and BBC World is part of the Plus.) That doesn't of course make it any better for those customers who have to pay an extra $2.93 plus tax every month to keep the service.

Fine.  Then they maybe they should lower my VIP price by $2.93 plus tax since I will no longer be getting the service.  Oh, and I won't have access to Spike (not that I watch it) so a decrease in price for losing that channel would be appreciated as well.

As they saying goes, "You get what you pay for", so you should only have to pay for what you get.