Channel Problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Channel Problem

Hi Rogers, there is an odd situation with our cable.  There are 3 categories of channels:

i) Channels which have no issues (ex. CNN)

ii) Black channels where we receive no signal to (ex. TSN, CP24).  We have attempted to call the number on screen or reset our cable through telephone technical support but neither have helped

iii) Channels that are "fuzzy" or "pixelated" as I don't know the correct term.  These channels have the picture showing and all but it's like a puzzle that keeps losing pieces

How can these be fixed?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Channel Problem

I neglected to mention we see this problem with only 1 tv in our household.  2 other tvs are fine.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

More than likely.. considering point 2 &3... its a signal issue.

That its the only tv with the issue, means it likely isnt a signal issue into the house, but just to the one box.

You would need to get Rogers to send a tech out to take a look.
Could be just one bad port on a splitter, bad connection, etc.

If you've already made sure your connections are tight from the cable outlet to the digital box, rebooted and noticed no change, as @Gdkitty said, you'll likely want to have a technician come visit to investigate.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Not knowing which box you have, I can't tell you how to access the diagnostic screens. What yo need to do is check signal strength on the channels that give you trouble. The NextBox 3.0 is sensitive to poor signal strength. I would suspect a bad or incorrectly installed splitter, or just a loose connection.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario