Channel Not Available Error Message

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Channel Not Available Error Message

@gordonc wrote:

I have  a 'rented' NEXTBOX 8600 HD.

For months now i cannot see 23 channels between 200 and 300.

AAL MY FAVORITES.  AAARRRHhhhh.... urge to K***.

Is my box 'obsolete"?

Seems to work sometimes if I 'pull the plug and wait 10 minutes..

Seriously thinking of dumping all but phone, also expensive, and internet .

As discussed many times on this forum these sorts of issues are almost always related to a poor signal. This can be in your home or in your neighbourhood.  Call Rogers and have them check your signal at the box (have the 8600 serial number handy) and have them check your neighbourhood.

Here's a previous post on the topic and how to check it yourself too:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...

I'm Here A Lot

Some HD channels not available

For the last two weeks, some of the HD channels are not available. (Smithsonian, Hifi BBC earth). I reported the problem and they can’t solve it and assign someone over. The person came of and put in a new signal booster and seems to resolve. However a day later now it happen again. Anyone has this problem and what should I do? Schedule another service? My TV contract is up so if they can’t solve it quickly I’ll be moving for sure. I had enough paying a premium price without a premium service.

Hello, @siuolly.

Thank you for your patience. I can certainly appreciate your position, the recurring of the issue after the tech visit can be upsetting. 

We can look into the matter further and take the next step in finding the solution. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@siuolly :  Please see post 61 of this thread.  The issue is likely the return signal from your box to the node or to the head end requesting those channels. Putting a signal booster in your home will not help if the actual issue is outside your home or in your neighbourhood.  The return signal is not boosted and may even be hampered. 

I suggest you call Rogers again (or contact them via PM as indicated above) and have them check the signal outside your home.  Resolving the issue may require 2 visits, the first to confirm a poor signal at your home by an "inside" technician and then a followup visit by an "outside" technician.  They are usually different people.  These sorts of issues are very common and it's a lazy technician who comes into your home and puts in a booster instead of solving the real problem.

I've Been Here Awhile

Service not available try again later

been going on for months. rogers can't fix it or won't fix it.  last call they said my wife way a liar. 20 years of being a rogers customer will soon be ending. too much competition to keep paying for channels that i don't get and paying for customer service like rogers

Hello @fedup33,

Thanks for being a part of the Community Forums and congratulations on your first post. Smiley Happy

I'm extremely saddened to hear of the negative experience you recently had with us. 20 years is certainly a long time to remain with one company and the loyalty you have shown means more than you'll ever know. 

We'd really like to help you out here! If you don't mind, I just have a few questions for you to better understand your situation:

- When did this issue first begin?

- Did you recently make any changes to your cable TV services?
- Are you having trouble with one cable box or multiple cable boxes?
- Are all of your channels giving you this error, or only a select few? 

We look forward to your response!

RogersLaura

I've Been Here Awhile

Been more than 6 months
Yes but problem was there before change
Both boxes
Select channels. Usually timeshift hbo twn tmn. It now include channel 11.

Google the error message and lots of people have this issue and rogers has hard time fixing it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@fedup33 : Check out posts 61, 64 of this thread. It's almost always related to a poor return signal.  Yes, a lot of people have poor signal and often blame the box or something else.

I've Been Around

I live in Toronto, have two HD boxes (Scientific Atlantic) and have experiencing the same problems noted above for the better part of six months.  I will be calling this evening and asking that the signal be checked in our neighbourhood.  It's crazy that we are paying for channels we don't get.  Many of the TSN channels, FX, TMN, and others. I thought it was the box, and was looking into buying a new one.  Now I know better. 

Hi @NJL1!

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your first post!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having troubles when viewing certain channels, we definitely want your experience to be one that is enjoyable. Did you have an opportunity to speak with our technical support team? If so, what was the outcome? Hopefully, they were able to get the issue fixed or take the appropriate steps towards a resolution. Please let us know! 🙂

If your concern has yet to be addressed, feel free to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can run some tests and try to get to the bottom of this for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Kind regards!

RogersLaura