Channel Not Available Error Message

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Channel Not Available Error Message

I know no one has posted in here in a month or so, but I have had my 4642HD box for under a week now, and am having this same issue.  I subscribe to the VIP cable package.  I don't have a specific list of channels this happens too, but I have seen at least 4 or 5 so far.  I have talked to tech support twice and both times they just had me unplug/replug the box, but it didn't fix it.  Last night before I went to sleep, I went online and from the 'myrogers' site, I re-authorized my terminal, but it still didn't fix anything!  Can I get an update here?  I am going to talk to tech support again today I think.....

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

check your signal strength. i had a same problem, the teck opened a ticket, apparently the SDV wasn't working they can fix it, but they need to open a ticket make sure they open a ticket

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, the tech's put a ticket in yesterday for my on demand issues, but not for this particular issue.  I will probably kick myself for asking this when I find out what it is, but what is SDV?

**update**

Turns out my hd box is not communicating with their servers.  I am receiving but not transmitting.  I am getting a tech here on monday to sort it out hopefully!

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, it seems to have fixed itself....I didn't do anything, just decided to try out ROD and it worked....strange.  I am still going to have the tech come and check out my signal and connections though.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey everyone,

I've been having the exact same problems.  Just recently got VIP and everything worked fine for the first week, then I started getting the tuning channel message.  I thought it was the spliiter so I tried three different ones and the same thing would happen.  So what I am doing to temporarily fix the problem is disconnecting then connecting the coax.  That would work for about a day, sometimes longer.  I then thought that there was some sort of interference by the location of the splitter due to a cheap power bar, so i removed the power bar and that actually fixed the problem for awhile, but came back.  So I'm thinking that may be the problem. has anyone tried plugging the coax into a surge protector which has a filter? would that help? does anyone else have any ideas?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i would check your signal strength. that message usually is a sign you have poor signal coming into your STB.  rogers has the responsibility to provide sufficient signal to your equipment.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply,

Thats the thing, my signal does drop, but when I disconnect then reconnect the coax It'll be fine again.  If it was the signal coming into the house wouldn't it be constantly poor no matter what I did?

I Plan to Stick Around

@RG

sometimes, if there is a fault on the cable, either internally or outside, ie the cable underground or aerial to the house. You can get capacitance build up,  messing with the cable can discharge and  "reset"  the connection.   There is a fault somewhere and you should get  a tech out to diagnose the problem.   

I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

Same thing has been happening to me - started last Thursday - I was watching the OWN network and all of sudden the picture froze.  Then, I could not access several HD channels and get the message below.  Still happening as of last night. 

Is anybody from Roger's looking into this problem?

RDS_SDV
Tuning RDS...

One Moment Please

After about 5 seconds, the message changes to:

Channel Not Available

The channel is currently not available.

Please try again later.

Return to previous channel.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi there, thanks for your tip. Let me try.