Channel Listings for Ottawa - why so hard to find?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Channel Listings for Ottawa - why so hard to find?

Simple question - where can we see a list of Ottawa channel listings, I want to check I am getting channels I am being billed for.

Second quesiton - why is it so hard to find this - shouldnt' my bill show the list of channel #'s I am paying for in each package so I can check? ... or is this another intentional sneaky way to avoid customer knowing too much about what they are paying for.... (!)

JP

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Channel Listings for Ottawa - why so hard to find?

Good evening @DM116,

Welcome to the Forums!

Please access the "TV" Menu, under the "Shop" tab. After clicking on "Channels", you should see the below :

Sans titre.png

Then, click on "Channel Line up".

A new page should open where you will see the channel list by name, as well as their "number" on the guide.

The last column on the righ-hand side is for Ottawa.

The channels included in the Starter Pack are identified as "Starter/Forfait Découverte".

Therefore, PBS Buffalo should be located on channel 525.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Jpagotto,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

I can definitely see the inconveniences of not being able to see the channels included in your TV cable package. I was able to locate your channel listing for Ottawa by using the online search key words: Channels available for : Ottawa. I was also able to find the list for TV Rogers HD (Ottawa) here. As to how you would know what channels you are paying for, would depend on the package you have. All the packages with included channels are listed on our Rogers.com website you can use the following steps to get there:

• Go to Rogers.com
• Select SHOP and choose TV.
• Look under the PACKAGES tab for your plan. 
• Click the DETAILS drop down arrow or the VIEW INCLUDED CHANNELS option for channel numbers.
• You should be able to see a list of the channels included in your plan, similar to the illustration / image below:

ChannelListing.jpg

Hope this helps,
RogersArthur

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply but your answer still illustrates the problem. Given the pretty icon list of channels I would still need to spend way too much time trying to figure out what channel NUMBER a channel ixon matches for each.... like OWN (for example) ... how do i quickly find what channel # that is for my area???? How do you do this besides killing a couple of hours with a pen and paper and manually going channel by channel using the tv guide or with a full 900 channel listing brochure ... !!

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Jpagotto, good question, please let us know what TV package you have? To start with, you can see the channel numbers included with the Basic Cable Service in Ottawa by clicking here. I'm sure @OLDYELLR, @Gdkitty, @Pauly or @VivienM can assist you with this as they are very helpful Resident Experts.

Thanks,

RogersArthur

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have VIP, Learning and Classic TV packages. If I could just quickly see channel # list for each I would be able to easily find what I am paying for just using my remote rather than a computer and a free half hour with pad and pencil! 😉

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

This problem has been discussed over and over again in Community Forums and at this point Rogers has not brought back channel number listings for each package in each area.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Where can I find the list of Starter Package Channel numbers for Ottawa/Kanata?

That is the actual channel NUMBERS, not icons shown on the Starter Package page.

If listing not available, please tell me which PBS channel is included.

Thanks.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Pretty bad when the solution to a question is that you can't get what you want (channel lists by area and package), the solution at this time is they don't or won't do it for us.

I still say keep asking though and some of us will keep creating them.  Thanks for those who persist in asking and those who create them.

Bruce

Highlighted

Good evening @DM116,

Welcome to the Forums!

Please access the "TV" Menu, under the "Shop" tab. After clicking on "Channels", you should see the below :

Sans titre.png

Then, click on "Channel Line up".

A new page should open where you will see the channel list by name, as well as their "number" on the guide.

The last column on the righ-hand side is for Ottawa.

The channels included in the Starter Pack are identified as "Starter/Forfait Découverte".

Therefore, PBS Buffalo should be located on channel 525.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you RogersMaude!

It's a long list but starter channel NUMBERS are shown.

Looks like Starter for Ottawa includes PBS at 64, 97, 163, 525.