Channel Listings for Ottawa - why so hard to find?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Channel Listings for Ottawa - why so hard to find?

This is a step in the right direction, but this is also pages and pages of channels, stations and areas and is not an easy pdf to work with.

As we go down that list we find multiple pages, many for the big three areas, then for smaller areas like Milton and so forth.

Next step is to turn this into a user friendly tool.

And to be able to see what we actually have in our own packages.

Thanks for pointing out where we can find a channel number for a station in our area - be aware that PBS is listed under HD-PBS and city, as well as PBS and city.

At the moment, only way is to scroll down and find stations alphabetically, or you can search with ctrl f, but you will return a lot of results.

We are getting there.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

I just relooked in the list - I live in Whitby, and I think I am in Oshawa (Pineridge) - it is at the bottom of the pages. 110 pages in total.

It is a start, but 110 pages (let's get this into a searchable tool, and take that same data and make it available based upon our plans and by George, I think we will have it).

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

Here is my attempt at Starter channel numbers for Ottawa. Converted PDF to spreadsheet, then several sorts and deletes. Likely has errors. Will be out of date when Rogers updates the PDF. I hope the URL works.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6HFe4SVT7CjWlZjdDd2YldzcFU/view?usp=sharing

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thank you so much for creating that spreadsheet - it is not for my area,

but it provides a model for me of how to build a spreadsheet from the PDF for my own area, and also adjust for my own packages and set an identifier for certain packages.

It also lets me sort the sheet by channel number and do queries for specific channels using the related data sort and query features.

Nice job.  And yes, unfortunately, you have to change it each time the PDF changes, or packages change.

Cheers to the forum members again.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi I am interested in how you were able to convert the PDF to excel. I am trying (like everyone) to get a list of all the channels to see what I have and (surprise Rogers) see what I may not even know about that I want to add. Rogers marketing - what are you afraid of? Provide a downloadable csv file of the channels and which package they are in. If your product has value it should stand up to scrutiny.
I've Been Here Awhile

Looks like the web pages have changed.

I don't remember how I converted pdf to excel, but there seem to be several alternatives on-line (Google search).

This page has a list (or click on 'see channels included' the starter package box):

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv/starter-package#/starter-channels?sort=number

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks
I've Been Here Awhile

still can't get Ottawa list. of channels trying  RogersMaude's  solution . never could get the channel line up icon to show.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@supergrampsLook in this thread.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Downloadable-amp-Print-Friendly-Channel-Guide-for-Toronto-O...

The page you need, created by one of our users is here.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

This is same list i had for when i had basic digital pre ignite.
I believe this will change with ignite 150 package?