Channel Listing of Subscribed Channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Channel Listing of Subscribed Channels

I know there are generic lists of "all availabel channels such as  this for Toronto:

http://www.rogers.com/web/portlets/consumer/ptv/browseFlow/channelLineUpLightbox.jsp?systemId=1&boxT...

But is there a way to get a similar list of subscirbed channels?

The only ones I've seen in the past, ( cant even find it now) is a list of a few channels at at time, and having to hit "more" or "details" a dozen times or so.  really hard to get teh full lsit of what I am currently paying for. Just looking for a simple list. Does it exist for customers?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Channel Listing of Subscribed Channels

Unfortunately no..

That is something we have all asked for.. pretty much a filter thing which combines THAT list you already posted, with the what the package has.
Heck.. even give us that list, with the X in a collumn beside it, for package A, B, C, if its included or not.

If i can find it.. one user posted an image, where they got something that showed a link to download a PDF of the packages yes/no for the channel..
But i have yet been able to see it on the site itself.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Your subscribed list by channel number is something Rogers discontinued providing years ago. I started calling and asking and never got an answer. I've asked on this forum and got all kinds of links, but they still showed either all channels in a package by Name, which is virtually useless or all possible available channels by NUMBER in my area, like 999 of them, which is also useless.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

Hello @Mediaman and @Gdkitty,

I am the user who posted an image that links to the Rogers "Channel List" PDF file.  NOTE: The PDF lists what channel names are available in what package, but does not provide the list of channel numbers you are looking for.

If you want to learn how to access this PDF anyway, please view this quick YouTube video that I created (screen capture only, no audio): https://youtu.be/YkYNLmuER9o

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks for the link @robindp!

Right, i didnt think it did combine them...
But at least having an easier to access version of it (than expanding the list on the page like 100000 times), one could possibiy at least then hopefully cut/paste the table out of the PDF there and match it up with the other list.

Either way.. its a ton of manual work.. but at least more doable.

I'm an Advisor

EDIT: Ninja'd by Gdkitty! Yes, the PDF list is much easier than expanding the web list, and it gives some idea of what is supposed to be included with each package.

For those who wish to download and save the PDF, the direct link is: https://www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/en/TV/ChannelList-Ontario_en.pdf

I see we are all of similar minds!

That last PDF is cool, and very close to what I was after... but it of course is missing channel numbers, and is not filtered for my subscription (VIP +TMN).

This "should" be a no-brainer for Rogers to do, and make them available for all of us, when we sign onto My Rogers. But clearly it ain't gonna happen any time soon.

A while back, when I last took a crack at it, I did some data extracts, and produced two PDFs for:

-MY CHANNELS BY NUMBERS
-MY CHANNELS BY NAME

They were  nice and short at 3 pages each. Handy when the I or my wife cant remember  "What channel do we get XXX on"?

I am sure there has been a change or two since I did them ( eg I just changed 999 to 4K), but I'm gonna sit down in front of the Guide, filtered on subscribed channels, and do a cross check to keep them up to date.

I posted my existing verisons below, and will update them in a few days:

-MY CHANNELS BY NUMBERS
-MY CHANNELS BY NAME

I will then also keep a copy on DropBox. OneNote, etc for ready reference. As PDFs, they can be quickly searched.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Mediaman  That is a fantastic resource.  Unfortunately we seem to be sending a message to Rogers - they can do barely competent design with no user feedback, and then in frustration, someone on here does the work that we have asked Rogers for, we provide workarounds for poor design, testing and implementation, we give do the beta testing and find out what is wrong and often identify the bugs that need fixing, and recommendation on useability.

Good documentation and channel lists take time to develop and make the user's life easier so that we can enjoy our viewing experience, and if we have to develop them, maybe Rogers should start paying contributors for their excellent hard work.  Or then again, how about learning from this mess and build in some quality control.

This issue of a channel list can't be blamed on outside companies, the system itself must have a mapping database for all the different lists, territories, and packages.

That extraction of data that populates the viewable channels on our guide has to all be sitting in a couple of databases - there is no reason since it can be drawn back to populate the guide properly, then it could be exported into a PDF, or XLS file and as a bonus, have a sort by channel, or sort by name - just like mediaman has done for his own services.

The data already exists within our user accounts that identify our packages, whether it is grandfathered or not - which then extrats from the channel listing information to build the guide access, and the routines already exist - just integrate an extraction of that data for us to see individually.  It really is not a huge task since the routines and data already exist.

But there seems to be a resistance to the concept of sortable lists going on at the moment. We are more into pretty HTML5 graphics.

Bruce

@BS  - Bruce  - Agree 1,000,000% with your comments.

I updated my list (VIP Ultimate with TMN):

MY CHANNELS BY NUMBER
MY CHANNELS BY NAME

(hit refresh if previuosly loaded)

As a user, its really impossible to keep such list up date to as Rogers can add/delete/move/rename/reorder at will (using thier database). So all users can really do, in the absence of a proper MyChannels web link, is take a snapshot in time, and grab data where they can. It's a bit of work, so I will likely only update these PDFs annually, or if I make a  change to my subscription. Perhaps in a few years Rogers will finally get around to it.

My PDFs are not all that useful if you are on a different subscription, but perhapa some of you can make use of them. The channel descriptions I used are a hybrid of multiple names Rogers uses for the same channel, and the guide 5 letter acronym, and the station call letters/location, and the shortform of the commonly used name. That is, whatever made sense in the space provided! Of course I may have a made minor mistakes along the way, but its really really close.

I will also leave Feedback (we all should!) on the Rogers web site  aaht it would be nice to have a MyChannels feature where users can see a useable list of the channels they subscribe to. They provide us infinite detail in 14 page bills of every second we spoke or chatted or uploaded or downloaded, but they wont tell us what channels we are paying for! 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Mediaman Those lists are fantastic, even though they're not for my area or package. The Channels by Number is exactly what I've been trying to get out of Rogers for years, but have been stonewalled and misled. I know I could have spent hours trying to compile something like that myself from what Rogers provides, but wanted them to take ownership and do it. It's not like they need to create a list for each individual customer; there must be thousands of subscribers in my area (Woodstock) who have VIP. Rogers has the resources and expertise, so why won't they do it?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 14 in conversation