Changes to Digital TV Channel Packages?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Changes to Digital TV Channel Packages?

Have the sports channels like TSN and Sportsnet been removed from all packages or is it a glitch in the system? Shows icons of other channels not there either.

**Labels Added**

Re: Changes to Digital TV Channel Packages?

Hello @phil57!

Thanks for your recent post!

I also had a peek at the Digital TV Channel Line Up on Rogers.com and some channels don't seem to be popping up when I do a search on my end either! 🤨

I can confirm that effective December 4, 2018, we launched 3 new TV packages (unlike the previous Select, Popular and Premier TV packages, the new packages do not include a bonus channel).

Please note, we do tend to make changes or refresh our packages every so often to try and keep in line with our customers ever-changing needs!!

Most likely, they are still updating the website with the new package information which is why we are having trouble locating certain channels in the TV packages at the moment. Please allow a bit more time for the updates to be completed.

Kind regards!

RogersLaura

I Plan to Stick Around

I just checked and I still have access to Sportsnet and TSN, but a quick check on the website, I see that those channels are no longer checked on any package, I also notice that the prices are also increased Select and Popular up by 5$ and Premium up by 10$. So for those who will have the new version of those package will get less channel by pay even more, and we'll all loose the stingray videos on 01 jan 2019... If it's continue like this we won't have any channels left to watch...

I Plan to Stick Around

They are mixed up bad. I was talking to them twice this morning.Tried to change my package and add more , they wouldn't let me. They tried pushing popular on me with higher internet for a bit more but tried to tell them that package didn't have what i wanted in it.I couldn't seem to get through to him. i asked him if i was stuck with what i had and the reply was " I guess so". So i guess maybe there is only one way to change.

I'm Here A Lot

I hope this a mistake or work in progress because many channels are now missing from these new listed packages and the cost is higher 

I Plan to Stick Around

Right now, I can't get the updated channel list for my area, I get an error when trying my postal code, and when I refresh it goes back to Toronto.

I'm a Regular

@RogersLaura wrote:

Hello @phil57!

Thanks for your recent post!

I also had a peek at the Digital TV Channel Line Up on Rogers.com and some channels don't seem to be popping up when I do a search on my end either! 🤨

I can confirm that effective December 4, 2018, we launched 3 new TV packages (unlike the previous Select, Popular and Premier TV packages, the new packages do not include a bonus channel).

Please note, we do tend to make changes or refresh our packages every so often to try and keep in line with our customers ever-changing needs!!

Which of your customers needed to lose channels?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@mfait wrote:

Which of your customers needed to lose channels?

The ones that won't hurry up and switch off the legacy platform to Ignite Tv, of course.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I took a look at the new channel mix compared to my popular of last June by comparing it to my TV guide.

What I noticed is that the sports channels, many speciality channels like National Geographic, FX and children's and news programming (including CP24) have been dropped out.

I have one theme pak and to keep what I really watch, would require 3 theme paks increasing from 13.00 per month to over 20.00 per month and the 10.00 increase in the package.  The package also does not include my international calling, which ads another 10.00 to the base package.

And yes, it brings price comparison for similiar packages of Digital to Ignite much closer together, with no change in Ignite that I can see.

So this is a huge change in lineup and pricing, in a way getting us closer to what we have always asked for, less channnels we watch with more choice over what channels we want to add (a win), but a huge price increase - a bit of a smoke and mirrors or shell game in this one.  Now you see it, now you don't, oh did you notice the price is higher and many channels are gone, but it is still 130+ channels.

For me, I don't watch news or children's shows and really only two channel mixes, but it will make me seriously think whether I do my final step of cutting the cord, going Crave online, and other and a digital antenna with a Channel Master and while I am at it, get Internet from a local provider, and since I rarely use my cell phone anymore, go to Petro Canada pay as you go.

We will have to see how this whole mix fits with our desires and budget next May when we get our 90 day notice of price change and do call in to discuss options.  And hearing that they will give you better Internet (say 150Mbs), doesn't matter to me, I am on 75 only because of the last change, I was on 60 before that with a cap of 200GB, so it is of no benefit to me - in my house, I can only get about 60 top across our WIFI anyway, even with extenders in place, and we really are very low end Internet users.

So as I said, time will tell next year.  The Bell offer at my door for 2 years last week is a better deal than this one is.  Turned it down because it was more than I had right now due to discounts from service issues.  No reason to move until June.

They need to take care in these changes, as someone said, who asked for changes in lineup to lose channels (a lot of them) and pay more.  Whose benefit is this for, except maybe paying for the huge layout first for the failed Navigatr IPTV, and now the move to Ignite, upgrades in Internet and competition with Bell.

Next??

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

Unless they want to go out of business,I would assume these packages are not right.Any new or existing customer would laugh at these packages and go somewhere else in a hurry. I wanted to change to the select+6 theme packs+2 standalone+super sports pack and they would not do it {I'm still scratching my head) So the theory of giving customers the choice of what they want just flew out the window. I am looking at the competion now even though i don't want to but i can get what i want.They have a serious problem if you ask me.

Topic Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 11 in conversation