Change channels using my laptop?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Change channels using my laptop?

I have the NB3 and I can chenge the channels with my Ipad or Iphone with tv anyware home edition. Is there any software or a way to control my NB3 via my laptop?

***Edited labels***

Steve
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Change channels using my laptop?

Yes.  Login to MyRogers, and under "Products and Services -TV", there are two links "View My Guide"  and "Manage My Recordings"

Currently, they both do the same thing, and both function very similarly to the iPad app.

I'm a Senior Advisor

When I click  "View My Guide"  or  "Manage My Recordings" on my laptop, I just see a box flash on the screen and disappear. Does this require an NB3 or special subscription? Ihave an SA8300HD.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No shouldnt, its the same as using the phone app, etc.. its just a different interface.\

Comes up just fine here.. Win 8.1 /w IE11

May be browser based.. i know alot of the popups can act funny on different browswers sometimes.
(a person on here recently couldnt see the channel list on the package pages in her browser.  Changed browsers, it came up fine)

I'm a Senior Advisor

No, I just see a blank box pop up and disappear. I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox  29 on this laptop. I can either select "PVR Digital Terminal Purchased" or  "HD PVR Digital Terminal Purchased", but the latter says "Unable to retrieve your Digital TV Box features" and I get the same non-result for both. Anyone know if this is actually supposed to work with the older boxes?

It looks like the guide and recording links are grouped under NextBox™ 3.0 and maybe it also requires the Enhanced Guide, which I don't want.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I can guarentee you don't need the NB enhanced guide to use these features.  I can control my 8300 using these links.

Did ýou check that you have a pop blocker turned on, maybe?

In my  IE 11, a white box shows up on the MyRogers page, then the guide opens in a new tab.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I get the same as lurker.. the white box with loading.. then another popup with the full guide.

Most likely thing its browsser related.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Okay, it was Firefox's popup blocker. I fixed that and now I can get the Guide when I click either Guide or Manage Recordings. The screens are identical, so what's the difference? The thing is, I have an 8300HD and an 8300SD but those two functions call them PVR1 and STB2. I see my scheduled recordings on PVR1 and STB2 doesn't have any because my son and his wife use the 8300SD and don't record anything. It looks like Rogers isn't clear on what equipment I have, which also explains why this thing can't retrieve the features for the HD PVR. But it doesn't matter to me because I now know what I'm looking at. Maybe I'll schedule some recordings on the 8300SD and see if they show up for STB2 and rename it if that works.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, not sure how/what the naming on the 8300, etc works like...

I know, with anything with the new IPG... the 4642, 8642 and the 9865, you can in the new IPG, change the box name IN the software there.. and it reflects it, in the online/app guide.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I just set a recording on the 8300SD, the one Rogers has called STB2, but it doesn't appear in the STB2 Guide on line. Nor can I schedule recordings on line with the STB2 Guide like I can with the PVR1 Guide. Looks like Rogers has mislabelled the 8300SD as a STB not a PVR and I've had it for 5 years.  Not sure if it's worth calling and getting that straightened out.

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation