Ch 26, CBC News Network SD not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Ch 26, CBC News Network SD not working

I watch the major news networks on my kitchen TV with a DTA50 while having lunch. Today Channel 26 (CBCNN) had no signal, all other channels I checked were okay. Checked downstairs on my main TV and it was okay. I then checked it on my TV that has a SA8300SD PVR and Ch.26 was pixelated and stuttering  CBCNN in SD is Ch.189 here, so I checked that on my main TV and the screen was black. Checking signal strength I get Level -9 bBmV and S/N  0 dB, i.e. very weak signal.  It looks like CBC has a problem with their SD signal.  This is in the Woodstock area.  Anyone else seeing this?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Re: Ch 26, CBC News Network SD not working

Hey @OLDYELLR!

Sorry to hear you're having an issue viewing CBC News Network! If there's a signal issue impacting the required frequency it's possible others may be impacted in your area. If you haven't already reached out to support, feel free to shoot us a PM @CommunityHelps. We'd be happy to have this addressed for you.

@RogersAndy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Checked 26 here in Toronto and it's working fine, but that's the HD channel for me.  I then tried 189 which is the SD version and it's also coming in here.

@OLDYELLR : I assume you've checked the signal on the other nearby channels and they're OK?  If that's the case, then it might be some sort of head end issue near your location.

I'm a Senior Advisor

#1 It's back this morning, or I was going to call Rogers and report.

#2 Other adjacent channels were okay.  Ch 26 is SD with the DTA50 and SA8300SD but comes in HD on the SA8300HD.  To see SD feed I have to go to Ch. 189, which works now.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario