Catalogue Error on ROD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Catalogue Error on ROD

I can not get any of the ondemand channels to work. As soon as I select something up pops the catologue error. I have unplugged my box for hours and plugged back in as suggested by tech support. Rebooted many many times. Excellent signal to the box with no splitters. Any ideas? Please dont move this post to the thread from years ago so it will get lost. No one was any help there.

***Edited Labels***

Steve
I'm an Advisor

Re: Catalogue Error on ROD

Hello @remaxman,

I have also been having various OnDemand problems (including catalog error) since November. Rogers technical support stated they are still working on it, and that they have escalated my ticket. 

From what I read, an update was pushed out in November to allow OnDemand programs to be stopped on one cable box and continued on another - the update bombed and they have been attempting to fix ever since. I recommend that you call Rogers again and push the issue, as they know a problem exists. Not sure why you were told otherwise. 

They act as if they have never heard of the issue before. Also my search doesn't work. After we got the new menu update my box looped into a boot loop. I had to take the box back last week. This is box number 4 for me nb3.
Steve
I'm an Advisor

I feel for you on the box returns. Document everything and call technical support, and perform a search on the forum for OnDemand or VOD - you will see many of us having the same issues.

I would also demand that my ticket be escalated, especially if they send a technician out and the problem persists. Keep pushing!

A lot easier just to switch over to Bell. 

Steve

Now there is a recording regarding issues with On Demand when you call rogers. 

Steve
I'm an Advisor

Hello @remaxman,

I have been using www.rogersondemamd.com on the PC to stream my OnDemand - it works and responds well, but requires you to have your computer connected to a TV and the will to do this in the first place. 

I hope they fix the problem soon!

Still down...what a joke.

Steve
I'm an Advisor

Same here, and still no call back from technical support. I hope support and @CommunityHelps see the VOD issues being reported and are escalating as needed. 

I Plan to Stick Around

For the past month and a half I have been having no end of numerous problems.

It 1st started with channels 92 & 93 HGTV and Food Network on demand channels not working. I have had over 6 tickets opened up on it with them being closed with me knowing. The only way I would find out would be when I called back to inquiry about the status only to find out it has been closed. A technician came buy once and did pretty much nothing I hadn't done half a dozen times already. He just rebooted the box. Said yup it doesn't work and opened up yet another ticket and left. It has been a source of on going frustration. The next tech person actually did stuff but could still not fix the problem. To this date the problem is not fixed.

Then I try to redeem some of my reward points for a free HD movie rental only to find that it too would not work for me for various reasons. Spent 1 hour on the phone with several people to try and get it to work which they couldn't and finally was told to rent the movie and call back the next day to get it reimbursed. Fine but what a freaking hassle just to watch a movie. Not only did I waste 1 hour as my family waited, i have to spend another 30 minutes the next day just to get it credited, which ended up being another hour since the 1st person said he didn't see the movie and that I should call back again later. OMG really!!!!

Last week 1 of my digital boxes constantly made loud noises (even when turned off) so I swapped it out and the new box will not play ANY On Demand stuff (Shomi, ROD) as it just keeps getting some catalog error. Well another hour today on the phone with Rogers and they couldn't fix it but sent anoter tech out. Not to mention that we had to go down to the basement to watch the on demand show instead of where we wanted to watch it. The technician came and was here for close to 2 hours and could not fix the problem. He swapped multiple boxes and in the end he put in a different box (8600HD) like I use to have and left with saying I need to call in to get the box authorized and that maybe, just maybe that box might work. He then departed and I had to call in yet again and get the box authorized.

Earlier today a "Customer Relations" person told me I should be able to pause Live TV from the non-pvr box and I said I didn't think that was supported and doesn't work. He said it would if it was setup properly. I ask the tech that and he said NO that does not work. I use to have 2 PVR's but they "upgraded" me to Nextbox 3 whole home pvr at which I now have a loss of features since I cannot pause/rewind... on the TV where I use to have the 2nd pvr. These 8600HD boxes actually have harddrives in them but Rogers has put the kibosh onto them unfortunaley so you cannot pause live tv though the boxes really could do it.

A complete and total frustrating experience over the last 2 months. I sure wish none of you have to  go through this.

Might me time to look into alternatives...