Cant Pause Live tv from 2nd HD Terminal?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Cant Pause Live tv from 2nd HD Terminal?

There was always a time where at random times questions like, wait what did she say? Or what just happened? That's where a quick rewind then back to live is useful.

No way am I trying to bash the service as I always liked Rogers TV but fibe is miles ahead in hardware and software. Imo
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In some ways, yes.
Its using IP based TV.. which i think is the way almost ALL TV will go eventually... even rogers.

It allows for some varriance, in the way its delivered.. which is what allows fibe to do wireless TV... as the PVR box is doing the all the work.

BUT there are some limiations as well.  Fibe can only to a total of 3HD and one 1SD simultaniously. (even for 3 tvs)
Same setup in a whole home rogers setup.. could do do up to 10 HD feeds overall between the 8 on the PVR and 1 on each HD box.

Really comes down to what features are most important.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah the 3 HD only was a big pain for me.

**edited for content**

I'm a Senior Advisor

@TorBball wrote:

Yeah the 3 HD only was a big pain for me.

Before I had a PVR I used got by with a DVDR and a VCR with another VCR on a different TV for rare occasions when I needed to record 3 programs that overlapped. However, now with a 2-tuner 8300 PVR and time-shifting, I've never ran into a case where I couldn't record everything I watch. While the 8-tuner NB3 would seem to solve all recording conflicts, in my opinion, it currently has more cons than pros for me to switch. And being retired, I watch an awful lot of TV.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry i dont mean to be interfering here, but TorBball? why would you leave Bell Fibe TV for just the FX and MLB Channels?? that makes no sense, I know what you mean with the Pausing and rewinding of live TV from any box in the house with Bell Fibe my cousin has it and it is an awesome service, especially pausing and rewinding from any box, i truly would never of have left Bell because of 2 Channels, makes no sense, but hey now that you did the switch i guess your stuck with the Rogers no rewind and no pause on regular HD boxes. Rogers really needs a lot of catching up to get par with other competitors out there i guess,

I Plan to Stick Around

Well im starting to think that. The price for inet was being raised $5 a month and I didn't like it was pppoe. I switched cause I was under the impression Rogers was keeping up with fibe. I was given a promotion so I'm giving it a try. Your right. TV was a lot better with fibe. There were some occasional channels I was missing on fibe also. The day Bell gets all the channels I want il be back in no time.
I Plan to Stick Around

My non-pvr boxes actually have hard drives in them (8600HD) but Rogers put the kibosh onto them so I cannot pause Live TV either on those boxes in the Whole Home PVR setup even though those boxes are capable of doing so.

I do miss being able to pause Live TV on the other boxes and to me is a real pain in the .....

I'm a Senior Advisor

@mcolwell wrote:

My non-pvr boxes actually have hard drives in them (8600HD) but Rogers put the kibosh onto them so I cannot pause Live TV either on those boxes in the Whole Home PVR setup even though those boxes are capable of doing so.

I do miss being able to pause Live TV on the other boxes and to me is a real pain in the .....

If the box has a hard drive in them, they're PVRs.  the 8600HD is indeed a PVR.

Rogers hasn't 'kibosh'ed anything on those boxes.  If the hard drive is still functioning, then they should still be able to record, pause live TV, etc.

Also, 8600's shouldn't be affected by a whole home setup, as they're not able to connect to a whole home setup.  Only Nextbox Terminals, NB 2 and 3 can be part of a WHPVR setup.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well it is a NextBox 8600HD and has a hard drive but does not work as a PVR. They are setup with the Whole Home PVR system and I cannot pause live tv on the 8600 boxes only the Nextbox 9865HD (main pvr).

I asked the tech about the 8600 having a hard drive and he told me Roger's disabled them.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are the 8642 HD PVR (the nextbox 2.0 pvr).

My mother had an HD box (i think it was a 4250?) and was having issues.. and the tech out replaced her box.
She got a box, with a sticker on the front with 8600HD on it.
Its WIDER than a 4642HD box...

So my guess.. is they are refurbing 8642s as 8600s... making them HD boxes only.