Cannot set PVR to Record Series - on some Channels Only

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Cannot set PVR to Record Series - on some Channels Only

In Ottawa: I can set the PVR to record only individual episodes of programs but I cannot get it to record the series on some channels. This is only on some channels like CTV Comedy. The command to set record series is there but it does not activate after it is selected. The red dots beside the program does not appear on the channel guide nor does it appear in the list of scheduled recordings.

*** Edited Labels *** 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cannot set PVR to Record Series - on some Channels Only

I have a few comments:

1. CTV Comedy is a recent "rebrand" so that may be the cause of problems.

2. Have you rebooted the PVR?  Sometimes that helps.

3. I sometimes set up a series and it only shows the first scheduled recording until the next day when it then shows the series.  Here's a thread on IPG inconsistencies.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/IPG-Inconsistencies/td-p/350863

4. If all else fails I set up single recordings for a few days and if there are other airings of the same programme, set up the series for the alternate time...

Good Luck.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Cannot set PVR to Record Series - on some Channels Only

Yes I did reboot. You are correct CTV Comedy is a new rebrand just like CTV Drama (Bravo). This also happens on Maker (?) channel. Thanks for your helpful advice. I tried series record like you said and it did not follow up with actually recording anything. Like I said this only happens on some channels.