Cannot playback more than 2 hours on 4642HD (Whole Home PVR)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Cannot playback more than 2 hours on 4642HD (Whole Home PVR)

I have the following equipment:

CAV10455HD receiver

4642HD receiver

Whole Home PVR

I can record and playback any length of program on the main PVR (CAV10455HD). However, when I try to playback a recording that is longer than 2 hours on the 4642HD receiver (i.e. on whole home PVR), it plays until the 2 hour mark then I get the error "Sorry "program name" on My Set-top cannot be viewed right now. The program may have been deleted or there may not be enough resources available". 

If I play the same program a second time on the 4642HD and fast forward to a spot just short of the 2 hour mark, it will play for another 2 hours.

The 2 hour+ program plays perfectly on the CAV10455HD receiver.

This behavior is consistent. It happen every time.

I have rebooted both receivers and it still happens. I called Rogers support and the only thing they suggested was to reboot both receivers. Obviously, this didn't help. (I didn't have the feeling that the Rogers tech had any knowledge beyond following her on-line script.)

Can anyone provide some insight?

**Labels Added**

Highlighted

Re: Cannot playback more than 2 hours on 4642HD (Whole Home PVR)

Hi @dss_cottage

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with  your whole home setup! I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

To better assist I have a few a few questions that will help us identify what's causing this issue.

A) When was the last time it was working normally?

B) When you did you reboot did you complete the following steps? 

- Unplug both boxes

- Boot the PVR and wait until you see the house indicator

- Then boot the 4642HD and once you see the house indicator then test.

C) Have you had that box replaced since the issue began?

Thanks so much.

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your reply....

A) It's not very often that that I have recorded a program longer than 2 hours. Frankly, I don't recall when I last tried to view a program longer than 2 hours on this receiver.

B) When I rebooted the receivers myself, I unplugged both receivers, then reconnected the CAV10455HD, then reconnected the 4642HD. When the Rogers tech rebooted, she sent the reboot command remotely first to the CAV10455HD then to the 4642HD.

C) Neither box has been replaced.

Highlighted

Hello, @dss_cottage

Thanks so much for that additional information. We'll need to escalate a ticket to investigate this for you to see if we can find a solution.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm attempting to get to the @CommunityHelps PM app but it's fighting me. I'll continue to work on it but in the meantime, there is one item that I should add.

I've been doing a lot of troubleshooting but didn't want to clutter this post with all the detail. However, there is one item that I should have included.

I have a third receiver on my whole home PVR system. It's a CAV10242HD. I can successfully play back a 2+ hour recorded video on both the CAV10242HD and CAV10455HD. The playback only halts at the 2 hour mark on the 4642HD.

Therefore, I'm assuming that the 4642HD is the problem.