Cannot permanently hide ROD1 to ROD5 channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Cannot permanently hide ROD1 to ROD5 channels

I keep trying to remove these channels by hiding them but the next day Rogers has reinstated them. Rogers can remove them but they also get rid of channel 100 that I want to keep. Why can’t Rogers allow us to hide all pay per view channels permanently????

***Added Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cannot permanently hide ROD1 to ROD5 channels

I believe that Rogers wants everyone to be able to "see" these channels. They are, after all, a good source of revenue for them.

One option you have is to set up a list of favourite channels and have those (favourite) channels only come up in your guide under "favourites".

You can also set up a PIN so that nothing can be ordered on these channels without the PIN?

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your reply, it overcomes the problem of seeing these channels when I use guide. However the biggest issue is that when viewing channel 325 documentary channel, if someone inadvertently uses the up or down channel buttons on the remote, you are trapped on the ROD channel since the up and down channel buttons and typing in another channel number are disabled. You have to use guide to get out of this trap or turn off the tv and back on. This is infuriating
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mcfiniki wrote:
...if someone inadvertently uses the up or down channel buttons on the remote, you are trapped on the ROD channel since the up and down channel buttons and typing in another channel number are disabled. 

You should not be "trapped" on any channel.  You should be able to key in another channel number, like 325 and be taken to that channel. Because OD channels are communicating with the head end, it may take a few seconds for the channel change to take effect, but it should work.  You may want to try pressing the "exit" key before entering the channel number as that may take you to the main ROD menu screen (or to the guide).  These actions may depend on the particular OD channel you are on, but you certainly are not "trapped". Try "exit" and/or typing in another channel number that is not OD.

You certainly don't need to turn the TV off, or are you referring to turning off the box?

If you have a poor signal at your home or neighbourhood, the ROD channels may not come up properly and that may be contributing to the problem.  Call Rogers and have them check the signal in your home/neighbourhood - they can do this remotely.  Here's a post on signal:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation