Can the Progress bar be disabled?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Can the Progress bar be disabled?

Using Netbox PVR. When I’m watching a recorded show, and fast forward, and then play again, the system puts up a banner at the top, telling me what I’m watching, and the channel it was on. If it's a hockey game, it blocks the scores for several seconds unless I hit Exit.

If I’m watching a recorded show, I don’t need to be reminded of what I’m watching every time I skip ahead. I already know what I’m watching.

Is there a way to disable this "feature"?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Can the Progress bar be disabled?

To tell the truth, I never noticed that the channel was displayed. I always hit exit right away after hitting play (or skip-back) because I find the progress bar much more distracting.  I don't believe it's possible to disable the "feature". 

If you get a Harmony or similar programmable remote you can programme one of the buttons as a macro which would do "play and exit" to save you a button press.  

In my old age I'm not as fast as I used to be with the buttons and I usually hit the "skip back" button (the one above REW) instead of play.  In that way I don't miss any of the programming.  (I usually FF at 4 button presses (15X))

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I actually would like a solution. While the person who replied was helpful, he has suggested a workaround to a problem that still needs to be solved.

It is not the progress bar, it is the program name and title bar that comes up and stays up for several seconds.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

@AndreH wrote:

I actually would like a solution. While the person who replied was helpful, he has suggested a workaround to a problem that still needs to be solved upsers.

It is not the progress bar, it is the program name and title bar that comes up and stays up for several seconds.

Same here.