Can't turn off SAP (or DVS or descriptive audio)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Can't turn off SAP (or DVS or descriptive audio)

Here's the problem. ITS ONLY ON A SINGLE CHANNEL. On my digital cable box, ABC, Channel 20 has a descriptive audio when I watch certain shows like the middle and suburgatory.

All my options for SAP on my TV are off, and they all seem off on my digital box also.

I also tried powering off the digital box and I also unplugged the digital box to reset it.

Anyone have any suggestions how I can turn off this narration that only seems to happen on this one particular channel on certain episodes?

Thanks

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Can't turn off SAP (or DVS or descriptive audio)

Which box do you have? Old guide or new?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

also what tv do u have?

I Plan to Stick Around

The tV is a Phillips LCD (50FPL 3707)

as for the guide, I'm not sure...I would say the old one, I didn't notice and changes (how can you tell if its the new or old one)

and the digital box is a Motorola (its a couple years old at least 3. do you need a model number?)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

since you have a motorola STB. your probaly in atlantic canada. ie newfound land or newbrunswick.  i am not familiar with the menu options for those boxes, sorry, but try to look for one called descriptive audio,  and see if its enbled, and turn it off.

I Plan to Stick Around

Settings, Language, Desc. Video. Its already off

(and yes you are right I am in Atlantic Canada, NB to be exact.)

...any other suggestions?

I Plan to Stick Around

Is there any possibility that it's the fault of the station and not your tv or cable box? Have you tried watching from a different tv? I recall seeing an episode of CSI with the audio description on once when I never made any changes to my tv settings and it's the only time I've ever seen/heard that it before.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oh yeah why didn't I mention before, it might be a fault of the TV station as well. one thing you can do is go to a friends house and see if his sound is the same, then you know that you can write a nasty email or snail mail to the tv station and convince them to fix it.

I've Been Around

I have same problem - have phoned Rogers many times and they are unable to help me. TCM has the descriptive audio and I've been trying now for almost a year to figure out what's going on. It's not on my TV - found that setting already.

And the thing is - you have to be home during the weekday to get on the phone with them to figure it out- although they can't do it anyway. On the weekend - they are unable to help you. And it's not on for all the movies - just sometimes. I'm totally sick of it and thinking of cancelling cable altogether. Just like the movies being mysteriously blacked out - they couldn't show them in Canada - but we can still pay for the channel of course.............

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Same question as to the above users.

Which box do you have?

Have you tried going into the CC/DV options for that channel?

(on the new advanced guide, you hit info, then there should be an option along the top for it)