Can't seem to search on my digital box any more

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Can't seem to search on my digital box any more

I don't have a nextbox but I have one of the older Explorer 1840 digital box.  In the last week or so I have noticed some reduced functionality.  For example I used to be able to hit the guide button twice and get to a page where I could search for a program.  I would get basically the alphabet and using the control pad go to each letter and spell out the name and then find out when a program was on and alternate times and channels.  I can't do that any more. 

I am wondering has my digital box become obsolete and I need a new one?  Has that particular function been removed?  Will resetting my box fix it?  Not sure what to do at this point.

edit:  Okay I guess this is solved.  I reset my box and everything went back to normal.  Sorry...I couldn't find a way to delete the message so will have to just leave it up.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't seem to search on my digital box any more

@rye_encoke 

No need to apologizeSmiley Happy I was going to suggest rebooting the box and testing it out after, very generic troubleshoot but this does help a lot. Also posts/threads cannot be deleted hence why you were unable to. Feel free to comment below on the exact steps you followed to resolve the problem and mark it as the solution if you would likeSmiley Happy

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

To be honest I didn't think rebooting would work, it seemed like it was....I don't know something else, like the programming or something.  Plus I was watching SNL anniversary.

But I figured I should probably try it because you just never know.  So I unplugged the power from the digital box, counted to 15 (says 10 seconds, but just to be sure), and let it reboot.  After it did I had full function again, no problem.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

@rye_encoke 

Nice guess it was just like a random glitch. Reboot for the win Smiley Happy