Can't find The Biography Channel HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Can't find The Biography Channel HD

Which package did Rogers hide this channel?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm an Advisor

Re: Can't find The Biography Channel HD

Hello @z-,

Check out the screek shot below: 

image.jpeg

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Biography has been rebranded as Viceland (Channel 15?) as of late February. I believe it's on free preview for 3 months.

I Plan to Stick Around

This is either a different channel or offered only in Toronto. The Ottawa lineup does not have Biography Channel. Under the customary channel numbers (91/271) VICELAND is listed now. I asked because I thought it was re-bundled in one of the new packages and wasn't available as a single pick anymore.

57 provided the correct answer... (While waiting for replies I turned to my best friend. According to Google the Biography Channel was dumped by Rogers in favour of Viceland.)

I'm a Senior Advisor

Incredible! Not a word about the switch on my Rogers Bill. But maybe if it's a free preview, they don't have to tell you.

How can a "Biography" channel be rebranded as "Viceland's programming consists primarily of lifestyle-oriented documentaries and reality series aimed towards millennials [yuck], directed in Vice's trademark style of "character-driven documentaries" and reading more on Wikipedia, it gets worse. I wonder if it's connected to the left wing website,  http://www.vice.com/en_ca/ Glad it's not something I'm paying for. On second thought, my cable bill just went up. Smiley Frustrated

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, it is on my bill as part of my Customer Choice Package (The Biography Channel was one of my single picks). I have to call them to take it (or this Viceland bit) off my slate.

Thanks for all replies!