Cable box - Endless loop of -02- // boot // load

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Cable box - Endless loop of -02- // boot // load

Hi,

Just got home tonight, to see my Cisco nextbox endlessly rebooting with no signal.

I do see a red 'swirl' around a % progress (?) number but nothing ever comes of it.

I've unplugged for the 30 seconds, but that didn't help.

I called the number for the automated re-authorize, but that didn't help. 

Trying to be patient, but after a few hours... Smiley Frustrated

Thanks for your time.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: Cable box - Endless loop of -02- // boot // load

Hi @Rainwalker 

Is the box still stuck in a loop?

I haven't heard any reports of a software issues that would result in this message being displayed.

See if unplugging the power cable and the coax(white cable) makes a difference. Tech Support can attempt to "re-zap" the box as well to see if it has any effect.

Before i suggest swapping the box out @Gdkitty might have some other suggestions, but you will most likely need to swap the box for the issue to be resolved.

RogersAsif

I'm Here A Lot

I've tried everything with this DVTSA 9865; nothing seems to be working.

I was hoping the coaxial cable would just plug into the TV in the midterm, but I can't get any channels working

except a 'goldfish bowl' channel.

I guess I'll have to exchange it, I don't know what else to do.

Thanks anyways.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

@Rainwalker 

Might be the best option at this point. We could always put in a ticket to our Engineers for further review.

Let us know the outcome when you swap the box.

Also, as Rogers is moving away from Analog channels most channels now require a minimum of a Digital Adapter to be viewed.

Hope this helps

RogersAsif

I'm Here A Lot

A new pvr box fixed everything. While I'm a little disappointed I've lost the shows I had recorded (and not watched) I was impressed how fast the folks at the Scarborough town centre outlet took care of me (it was literally under 4 mins).

Oh well, these things happen with electronics; c'est la vie.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

May have just got a bad update or something (even just the guide update) which screwed it up.

Might be worth a call in to have them check signal levels from the back end, just to make sure they are all ok.
Bad signal levels, can sometimes cause updates to fail or have issues.

Hello @Rainwalker ,

Thank you for the update, glad to know the issue is fixed. Sorry for the lost recordings. I appreciate your understanding and good to know that you were impressed with the service of our Scarborough town centre outlet.Smiley Happy

@Gdkitty  has a good point to have the signal levels checked. Were you in touch with Cable Repair (Tech Support) before you have swapped the box? If not, you can either call or let us know we can have our @CommunityHelps reach you out to check the signal levels.

Thank you for your patience

RogersMoinSmiley Happy