Cable TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maelstrom1
I've Been Here Awhile

Cable TV

Hey ROGERS !
I would go back to cable TV instantly if you would give better channel options i.e. 5, 10 or 15 channel packages of MY choice for around $5 a channel a month instead of those stupid packages that everyone is fed-up with. I had Basic+ and only really watched 7 or 8 different channels but noticed that there were at least 3 sports channels that always had the exact same thing on at the same time. I never watched sports (especially after the SPEED channel disappeared) but was still paying for it, as well as other garbage channels no one in their right mind would watch.
Try giving people what they want instead of forcing it on us. Like I said, I would go back to cable in a heartbeat if you did something reasonable. Otherwise, I am sticking to streaming.

***Added Labels***

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Cable TV

@Maelstrom1I know exactly what you're talking about, but that's marketing. You're offered an attractive "package" to get the one channel you really want but the rest are useless  I was with Rogers Cable for decades and my last package was the now-obsolete VIP.  600-odd channels for what started out at about $40 and rose to just under $100. But a lot of those channels were duplicates and ones of no interest to me. When the price went over $100 I'd had enough and switched to IPTV offered by my ISP on fibre and I could choose a better selection for less money. (I looked into Ignite, but it would have cost way more than double and I would have had to switch ISPs and email, so no thanks.)  It was an easy divorce for me because I had no other ties to Rogers except a PayGo account, which is independent.  For those of you with Rogers bundles including Internet, looking elsewhere may be a tougher decision, and Rogers knows that. In my opinion Rogers is shooting themselves in the foot by being greedy and not allowing freer channel choice. It's a competitive world out there now.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Maelstrom1
I've Been Here Awhile

What really irks me is I have the absolute basics and yet my ROGERS bill is more than all my utility bills put together.
Why am I paying that much for something that doesn’t heat my home, supply my water or my electricity and barely entertains me ! Something is very very wrong !
senordd
I Plan to Stick Around

There are some companies out there that offer basic channel packages for less, but you lose the PVR and OnDemand features of a regular cable company.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

There are many streaming services for sports that you can get apps for and watch on your smart TV.  If you can do that, it  may be cheaper than a cable package.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario