Cable TV Package Channel Comparison Spreadsheet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Cable TV Package Channel Comparison Spreadsheet

@robindp wrote:

From what I see, the list you are asking for does not exist on the Rogers.com site, and a community generated version was created/posted by someone earlier in this thread. That community version may not be for your area - I agree that a "Personalized Lineup" should be available somewhere, which shows only the channel numbers you should be receiving with your cable package.

Rogers, could this be accomplished via some tool in MyRogers? This is something that many community members, including myself, would find useful. 

Exactly. Not exactly a "personalized" list (at least not until Pick & Pay is here) but a list of channels for each package in each area. Rogers did used to provide such a list back in the day, but stopped some years ago.  Now the only option is to look at your Guide and hope you're actually getting the channels you're supposed to.

At one time Rogers would send you a list in the mail. Back when Rogers introduced the MeTV package (16 specialty channels including Speed) my area only got 10 of them due to inadequate infrastructure and it didn't include Speed, so I didn't subscribe. That's when channels you weren't subscribed to were blocked by a filter in the Rogers pedestal on the lawn. When the infrastructure was upgraded, I was suddenly getting the extra 6 MeTV channels for free, including Speed. That's when I became interested in lists of channels I was supposed to get.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

I remember those lists well, mine used to come with the channel lineup printed on a sticker - which would get promply affixed to the back of my Wonderbox remote control.  Blast from the past:

Rogers - Rogers Channel Sticker (Sep 30 1998).jpgRogers - Rogers Channel Sticker (Mar 15 2000).jpg

My poor Wonderbox remote has 8-10 layers of stickers on the back.

I've Been Around

Which are the all-soccer channels?

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @9ilhas

Welcome to the Community! 

I know Bein Sports and Sportsnet channels will have Soccer. You can also explore our sports channel lineup here for more details. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Around

can someone kindly update the list to include the starter (skinny) package?  also includes list for using digital adapter please..

thanks!!

I Plan to Stick Around

Do you have a spreadsheet that compares these old cable TV packages with the new ones (Popular, Premier, etc.)?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately.. no.

It may be something i can do in the future.. but at this time, i am too swamped with other things to attempt this at this time.
(when all this is voulenteer of my own time.. i dont work for rogers, etc)

I'm a Senior Contributor

@Gdkitty

You shouldn't have to do this anyway. It should be provided by rogers so that customers that might want to switch from the older plans to the new ones could do a comparison. Since the new plans offer less for the same price, rogers might not want to do this. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Dugi  Bingo, you've nailed it!  I've been after Rogers here and on the phone to provide package channel number listings to customers ever since they stopped doing it with only vague promises, but no action.  They just don't want you to compare packages or see documentation of what channels have been removed.

Here is the last news on channel changes to VIP in my area. It's dated "STARTING MAY 23, 2013"!!!

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/channelupdates?setLanguage=en&asc_refid=channelupdates

The most significant change is removal of BBC WORLD NEWS with no cut in price. In fact, the price has gone up in the last 3 years.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Advisor

Hello Everyone,

I just visited http://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv, then clicked Channel Line up (grey button, half-way down, on left).

I got a 110 page PDF with channel numbers for various regions (Ontario only), with no easy way to:

• Search for your city (other than CTRL+F),
  • Sort by channel number (and not name) or
  • Sort by cable package.

I hope the channel drop-down boxes make a return (select lineup type, city and province) as this is a massive step backwards.

For those interested, you can view the PDF here: https://www.rogers.com/cms/rogers/page-specific/tv/channels/pdf/rogers-tv-lineups-ON.pdf.