Cable TV Package Channel Comparison Spreadsheet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Cable TV Package Channel Comparison Spreadsheet

Hello,

I need to find out which channels I receive with my TV package(s).

They keep removing channels that I thought were included

Thank you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Assuming you dont have a older grandfathered package.

https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PTV_PROG_LANDING

Choose which you have from the top, than any with a checkmark down the list in your column, you will have access to.

(if you are on an NB2 or NB3 or the HD box, you can go into the settings and choose to HIDE all unsubscribed channels.
other than RoD channels, all others will be ones you have access to.

I'm a Senior Advisor

That's not very helpful. It tells me what channels I get with my VIP package BY NAME only. I then have to go to Channel Lineups for my city, where I can see all, for example, HD channels available by NUMBER and NAME and then figure out which of those is included in my VIP. I don't select channels by name, I select them by channel number. Why does Rogers make it so complicated? It didn't used to be.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As i have explained before..

While it COULD be done.. its would a pain to do it that way.. not the easiest thing to program (and we know how good the web guys there are :P)

All the variables that have to be calulated when it would be filtering things in/out...

- Package you have

- City you live in.. as a few of those package ones, change around based on your location

- Type of box you have.

All of these would filter IN/OUT specific channels.

This is ALOT more information than they USED to have on the site.
They USED to only have the show me the channels per city/box i have.
They at least show the full listing of the channels/per package...you used to only be able to GUESS off the basic description.

Dont get me wrong.. i FULLY support a full thing with the numbers, etc.
But fully understand... its not a programing job _I_ would want to handle.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Of course it COULD be done. If Rogers can send the correct channels to my TV, they can show them to me when I log in to my account. It can't be rocket science.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

True. (never thought about that part)

I was thinking the more put it on the site, choose selections, etc... thats a little more harder to do.

vs its more a 'this is your list' on your account which is used on the boxes, etc.

Couldnt necessarily be the SAME part of the site tho.. as that part is accessed via NON customers, etc.

But even, if they could include it in the MYROGERS under the TV sections.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Of course it COULD be done. If Rogers can send the correct channels to my TV, they can show them to me when I log in to my account. It can't be rocket science.

They can and already do.  When logged in, look at 'Manage my Recordings'....it'll show your entire tv guide.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, 'Manage My Recordings' shows me the entire guide, from Channel 1 to Channel 999. That includes all the green channels not incuded in my plan that can only be ordered at extra cost. That's not what I was looking for. At least on my IPG I see they're green, but on the Mahage Recordings guide, they're not.

It looks like it's something Rogers could implement because my account has all the information. Back in the days of analog only when they installed filters on the cable to prevent customers from watching channels they weren't paying for, Rogers included a list of channels in my plan with the cable bill each year. Providing customers with a list in their account on line would be simple to do.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, I appreciates your effort. I am still looking for the Listings for Digital Lite.

I've Been Around

Rogers are as user un-friendly as can be.

They can make simple PDF channel lists for every TV Package on the offer. For instance, one for the Basic, another for the VIP, etc.

Rogers, it is easy: use the same list, only change check marks or crosses opposite channel name or number.