Cable TV Package Channel Comparison Spreadsheet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Cable TV Package Channel Comparison Spreadsheet

Indeed. It's about time too! At least they're listening.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its wierd how some things like to US might make common sense for them to have.. but for others.. its not.

Hopefully, it was something even as simple as.. some bigwig in rogers saw this post and went HEY! thats a great idea! We should do that! why didnt we think of that?

I've Been Around

is there a channel list i couldnt find one

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

First post on this thread, has a link to the spreadsheet.  It should show all (or well pretty close) all the channels available.. and in what package.

To get a list of what channels you GET.. on what channel numbers..

https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PTV_PROG_LANDING

scroll down to the bottom, and under "Whats your Citys Channel Lineup"
Hit the little arrow in the circle.
Will bring up some choices.. choose the type of box, your city, and will give you the numbers for each channel in that city.

(though will give you ALL the #'s, this doesnt mean you actuall subscribe to those ones.. thats based on your cable package.)

I've Been Here Awhile

So I've contacted Cable TV support twice on how I can see a physical list of all the channels (and their corresponding number) I've ordered for my mother.  My intent is to make sure I've gotten all the channels she wants.  Each and everytime I've contacted them, they just tell me I have digital basic and the list of the theme packs I've ordered.  After that, they instruct me to go to their website and look them up.  

I try to explain to them that this does not produce a list or the corresponding numerical channel numbers. In fact, what they're asking is a time consuming task of open up a dozen or so drop down menus and each must be closed to be able to open up the next drop down menu to display other channels.

And please keep in mind that I'm not at my mom's place to see what channels are coming in.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THAT THERE'S AN EASIER WAY TO DO THIS.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, no 😞

Best you can do, is go to the part on the site where it lists all the channels for each package and say cut/paste the list into excel.

On the same page further down there is a spot where you can click and it will show another thing which will let you choose your city and what type of box. This will give you the numbers for each channel possible for your package weither or not you can get them or not.
(The channel # s change based on what region, city, etc)

Then match up from one list to the other.

Unfortunately that is the best there is.

I'm a Frequent Visitor

This is close, thank you but I am looking for a list of channel numbers down one side and ticked or indicated which package has that channel. So I have 102.1 the edge but which channel is it on
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, doesnt exist in one list... just as its TOO dynamic.

(not saying its not doable.. its just VERY difficult to do with the the varying data)

Location A doesnt necessarily have the same lineup as B.
My mother lives 2 cities away from me, and about 3/4 of her channels are on different numbers than mine.

As stated before..there is a list with the comparison which shows WHAT your package gets.
There is a list you can select to show WHAT channel numbers are in your area.. but that would be for EVERY possible channel, not just the ones you get.

One would have to combine manually, unfortunately 😞

I Plan to Stick Around

About once a year I a produce an 8.5"x11" sheet folded in half list of all the HD channels in my area for a few friends. One side is sorted by network name (CTV, Fox etc.), the other by channel number. I copy the info from Rogers site and paste it into a spreadsheet. Since the network names are inconsistant ( HDGlobal vs CityHD), I first have to rename alot of networks so they can be sorted and SD and other unwanted channels can be  filtered out. It makes things very easy for them but is a heck of a big job for me.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats one of the other parts too.. it CHANGES based on what box you have as well.

If i had an SD box... my lower channel 7 would be CityTV.... but with an HD box, the higher CityHD is auto subed over it on the lower channel, etc.