Cable Service(s) Offline

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Cable Service(s) Offline

You can check on problems with the following link.  

https://downdetector.ca/status/rogers

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yesterday I noticed my cable was out, but I thought it was temporary because contractors were doing some digging to install fibre next door. Then I found a couple of shows I had scheduled to record last night had not recorded, the Guide had not updated and all live channels were blank. Running diagnostics confirmed there was no signal.  So I called Rogers to report the cut cable. I was surprised they could not confirm the signal was not getting through and scheduled a tech visit. The soonest they could promise was noon to 2 pm tomorrow, but making it "urgent" maybe today if there was a cancellation.  Seems like a long time. Is that typical? I can see being without cable for a week until they confirm it's cut and bury a new one. Hopefully they won't cut my fibre and leave me without internet and home phone. Whatever happened to getting cables located?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

With home grade stuff.. there generally is no SLA (service level agreement) as for specific turn around times..  pretty much the soonest available for that area.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Today a Rogers tech came and confirmed the cable was cut. He dug around a bit where the new fibre and the cable may have crossed but could not see the broken cable, so rigged a temp cable from the pole to the house until a new one will get buried. It's deplorable that contractors don't now bother locating cables. When they started putting fibre in my subdivision there were all kinds of locate markings for water and gas, but I don't remember seeing anything where my cable was. They missed hitting it when they put in my fibre, but got it when they did my neighbour's.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario