Cable Packages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Cable Packages

Is there a web page somewhere on the Rogers.com site that describes what channels are available in what tier.  To start with, what channels are in Digital Basic and each stage up.  I haven't been able to find one with the details.

Gord

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: Cable Packages

Second that. Is there a way of finding out what channels ARE in the various packages?

Retired Moderator RogersReggie
Retired Moderator

Hi Bluenose56 and Westie!

Welcome to the forums.

You can find the channels available for each package on this page: http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PTV_PROG_LANDING

On the right side, there is a "Channel Line-ups" section where you can select which province and city you are in to see where specific channels are located.

If you have registered your cable account on Rogers.com, you can view your Cable subscription to see which package you have.

If you'd like more information, please feel free to ask.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have to agree.  Rogers does not have a proper channel listing for what's in each packages.  The link above only give you channel names.  I've had the most difficult time dealing with there call centre to get this information.  They use to have a chart that listed what channels were in each packages but have since stopped this and now you buy blindly not nowing exactly what you get.  ROGERS, CHANNEL NAMES IS NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!

Retired Moderator RogersReggie
Retired Moderator

Hi glears,

For a listing of which channels are included with each service tier, you can go to:
https://www.rogers.com/web/link/ptvBrowsePackagesFlowBegin?forwardTo=landing&packageProductId=BCAB

On the left side, you can click on "Digital Basic, Digital Plus, VIP Package, VIP Ultimate with TMN, or VIP Ultimate with Super Channel", then click the grey "Channels" bar on the main part of the page. This will show you the logos of all of the channels that are included with each tier.
If you prefer to see a list of all the channels that are included, you can click on "View all included channels" for the complete list. There is no "chart" per se that lists all of the package tiers side by side, but you can use this method to see which package tier has the channels you're looking for.

The link that I provided before:

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PTV_PROG_LANDING

has customized listings for each city, so you can refer to which channels are included with the package, then use the "Channel Listings" from the grey box on the right side (Sorry, previously I said it was on the left side) to find out where each channel is.

It has to be set up this way because different locations have different channel orders/availability. That is why you cannot find one link that has all of the package tiers/included channels/channel numbers all listed in one place.

Also, once you have selected the tier of service you want, you can customize each tier with specialty channel packages or individual channels that cater to your specific needs.  So that being the case, the channel listing shows all available channels for a specific area, and then you can search through your selected channels to find the channel number.

Hope this helps!

RR

I Plan to Stick Around

I've used those listing before.  The main problem is that it doesn't list the channel number.  In order for to figure out which channel numbers I get, I have to look at each logo(put mouse over in some cases to get the actual name), then bring up your channel lineup(Numbers) and hope I can find that name in the list of channels.  It's quite time consuming and poorly setup.  In the past you had color coded listings of channels with their numbers of which the color indicated the package.  Understanding that the number lineup changes from one region to another, Rogers has to introduce a better tool which can give you this information. 

Example of problem, my father finally joined the PVR world were he use to have basic but now had vip plus package or something like that.  Since the PVR's show you all channels that Rogers offers, we have no way to see what he gets in the package since they are all over the place not to mention he doesn't have a PC at home to do the very lengthy lookups.

I've Been Here Awhile

I agree with all the above. I have to go to a couple of places online to figure it all out and even then I am not sure what I am supposed to get.

I called Rogers and was told I was entitled to everything up to channel 300. I said what about MSNBC and CNBC which are under 300. Oh that would be an extra 4.95

It is just too confusing

I Plan to Stick Around

If the city channel list (http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PTV_PROG_LANDING)

showed what tier the channel was in it would be so helpful.

A spreadsheet version with other details, such as HD/SD, theme of channel (Sport, News, etc.) would be even better.

There are nearly 800 channels in that list and I know I don't get a bunch of thos with VIP.  The combination of the poor GUI on the PVR, the lack of channel filtering or custom channel list generation (yeah, I know about the favourites list - that doesn't cut the mustard) and the bewildering number of chanels can make searching for programs a nightmare.

A nice printable list or spreadsheet would really help.

Thanks.

I've Been Around

When you go to the link you provided you cannot do it if you have HDPVR as the box to the side  floats up and down and you cannot put anything in the bottom.

I've Been Around

It is not difficult to grasp what we really want.

We want the list of channels with there number within each package offered.

It does not take a PhD to figure that out!

Eveything is automated and software driven, it does not take an enourmous amount of time to change the software and list what the users want.

Isn't this company motto "user oriented", thanks for that.

Topic Stats