cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Issues

Cindy66
I'm here a lot

Anyone having issues with some stations blacked out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cable Issues

Hi Steve,

All is good now!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

You need to be more specific ... What channels, and are you using a legacy Rogers PVR or regular box (which one?), Since you posted in the TV thread section (or are you using IgniteTV)?

As a general step, try rebooting your box once, or even twice, to see if your channels return.

What city are you in? I'm in Toronto, and my Legacy channels are fine, but I obviously can't check them all.

Cindy66
I'm here a lot

A couple of days ago it was like a pixel issue on certain channels,6,7,9,12 are all blacked out now. I live in southern Ont . Regular box

mebe
Since you had some pixel issues, followed by black screens, call tech support and let them check your signals, and send your box a signal to see if that fixes anything.. They may claim that something is wrong with your box, but see if you can get Rogers to send a tech to your home. If they claim that switching to IgniteTV will fix the problem, don't believe them.

You can check your connections to the box (coax, hdmi), and if you still find nothing wrong, hopefully Rogers will.

jays77

I have had this problem for the past month.  Some days are worse than others but just when I think the issue is resolved it returns with a vengeance.   I have rebooted the my box and it has rebooted a few times on its own but that changes nothing. 

This seems to be an ongoing widespread problem for the passed month or so.  There is another thread about these  issues.  Supposedly Rogers knows about the problem and is trying to fix it but obviously without much luck because there has been no update for the past couple of weeks. 

eagleheart
I've been here awhile

I am to the point of utter frustration with the same problem…constant blacking out. I have tried EVERYTHING to fix this…read and tried every piece of troubleshooting advice here on Rogers, then spent almost two hours with a tech on live chat last night, unplugging, replugging everything in multiple times. Finally got everything working for ten whole minutes, so we thought it was resolved. Two minutes after closing the chat, the blackouts began again. Today I spent another hour with tech support, we concluded the ignite box was put working. Exchanged it for the one downstairs which has always worked fine and never had a blackout problem, plugged it in to the upstairs TV, and now we can barely watch five minutes of TV (doesn’t matter what channel, and is happening on both TVs now) before it blacks out again. I’m tearing my hair out not knowing what else to do. 

Good day, @jays77 !

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some on and off trouble with your TV channels. That doesn't make for a great viewing experience.  Just to clarify, do you have our legacy digital cable services or are you now on Ignite TV? If you are still on our legacy cable, the best thing you can do is reboot the affected box (unplug both the coaxial and power cord for about 1 minute an then plug them back in, making sure they are tightly secured). If this still does not resolve the issue, you may want to consider migrating to our Ignite TV platform. To learn more about Ignite TV packages and offerings, you can click here. 🙂

Regretfully, we are no longer offering box swaps for legacy cable services. 

If your issue is with Ignite TV services, kindly send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can take a closer look into your problem.

Much appreciated,

RogersYasmine

Greetings, @eagleheart !

Thanks for joining in on this conversation! I can certainly understand your disappointment with how your situation has played out. We definitely want you to be able to enjoy your Ignite TV services with us. 

May I confirm, did the last tech submit a ticket on your behalf or book a tech to come out to your home? It's definitely odd that now BOTH of your TVs seem to be having the same problem. Perhaps there's a wiring or signal issue happening in your home. It sounds like we'll need to get someone out there to take a closer look for you. Kindly shoot us a PM via @CommunityHelps so we can investigate this matter further for you. 

Thank you! 

RogersYasmine

All is good! 

Thank you for responding…after several lengthy sessions with three different techs, one in online chat and the other two by phone, an actual person came this morning and fixed everything…HURRAY!! After over a week of frustration with no TV, intermittent phone and Internet, we are very thrilled to be cybersurfing again. The tech did replace the modem with a newer model, but it was as you said, the cabling was not the correct cabling for Ignite. When we switched to Ignite, it was during the Pandemic lockdowns, and the modem/boxes were left on the doorstep and I installed everything myself, and it worked well, until a couple of weeks ago. But apparently the old cabling should have been replaced at the time that we switched, but it couldn’t be done during the lockdown. So the tech did that this morning, and everything is working, and the Internet feels so much faster than before. Hubby, who is a news junkie and has been without his basement TV for several days, is down there now enjoying his man cave again! Thank you again. Maybe my experience will help someone else. 

jays77

I'm on legacy digital but it is highly unlikely that the box is the problem.  With so many people on both digital and Ignite having similar and various problems it is highly unlikely that the box is the problem.  

As you mentioned in the  Re: Sound Drops and Some Pixelation on Channel 9 Yes TV thread Rogers knows about the issue and is working on it.  The problem I have is that it has been several weeks that this problem  has been an issue and there has been no resolution or update for the moderators or Rogers. 

1steve
I plan to stick around

Hi Cindy,

My same dilemma response is listed on this site. Possible that it may be your inside line? 

If it is, I'm told that they can do nothing about it, unless it is the line in to the residence?

Really is upsetting. They supposedly do not cover the inside lines. At least, that is what the tech installers told me when they came out?  Even though they installed them in the first place, they want you to upgrade to their new services, .... unless you have a problem. Then it seems, that you must call a contractor, or do it yourself remedy. No wonder so many are streaming and changing suppliers? I'm not against any particular person, but trying to contact Rogers again since this recent scenario, has been without response. Curiously, I'm not receiving any more "deal" advertisements either? Guess that Bell fibre might be the next move, or just internet streaming with selected channel packages. The internet seems to work perfectly. Good luck. Steve

Hi Steve,

All is good now!

francesg
I've been around

I have absolutely no TV today - all stations blacked out, both TV's. I cannot believe I pay for this.

Hi @francesg, welcome to the Community!

I can understand how frustrating service interruptions can be. I hope your TV service has resume since you last posted here. 

Please let us know if you still require tech support.

RogersZia

Cindy66
I'm here a lot

Channel 9 & 12 seem to be the issues. Both ctv channels. Some days they come in & some day the screen is blacked out. 

Hey @Cindy66,

Are you having issues again with the channels since you last posted that it has been resolved? Are you noticing the problem at a specific time or while watching a particular show? Please let us know some more details so that we can assist you further.

Thank you
RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 in conversation