CTV Kitchener Channel 12 Waterloo Region

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

CTV Kitchener Channel 12 Waterloo Region

Hello, CTV Kitchener on channel 12 in Waterloo Region has no Dolby Digital 5.1 for over a month! I get Pro Logic on all shows and commercials. Any solutions? Thank you.   Today, I got a text saying unable to find a problem.

*Added Labels*

Highlighted

Re: CTV Kitchener Channel 12 Waterloo Region

Good afternoon @Square,

Surround sound is definitely a better way to experience TV. Is Dolby Digital 5.1 working on your other channels? Also, can you let us know which digital box you have, receiver, and how everything is set up? 

Has anyone else in the Community experienced trouble with CTV in the Kitchener area?

Thanks,

RogersTim

Update : I got a reply from support from Rogers saying that CTV Kitchener is only Stereo!? Well just recently it was in Dolby Digital 5.1. CTV Kitchener, Bell Media are not replying to my inquires. So my question is how do I file a complaint about this?

Hello @Square,

We had a look into this for you and our technical teams could not find any fault in the cable signals for your area at this time. Please also note that the majority of channels are broadcasted in stereo, including the channel mentioned (12 - CTV - Kitchener/London). This is normal and not an error.

This channel is also available in HD. Can you please try tuning into the HD only feed on channel 518 to let us know if you notice a difference in sound quality?

Regrettably, we do not have any control over the audio format used by the broadcasters. To file a complaint, you will need to continue to reach out to CTV Kitchener and Bell Media to confirm if any recent changes have been made.

What avenue of support have you been using to report this issue? I find that reaching out via various Social Media channels like Twitter or Facebook tends to yield favourable results. You can also visit their CTV HELP PAGE to send them a direct message.

Kind regards,
Rogerslaura

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would have thought that Channel 12 would be an "autoHD" channel so that tuning it on an HD box would give you the HD channel automatically...

Here's an FAQ on What's available in DD5.1.   As you say, almost all SD channels are DD2.0 and almost all HD channels are available in DD5.1. There are some exceptions outlined in the FAQ, which is a bit out of date, but you'll get the idea.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/30-57s-home-theatre-faqs/17870-faq-whats-available-dd5-1-a.html

Thank you for the help @RogersLaura!   I have sent e-mails and on twitter to Bell Media, CTV Kitchener and have received no replies.  Yes I know that some shows like the 6:00 news on channel 12 was in stereo, but in the last few weeks all shows and commercials are in stereo including channel 518, while the US feed is DD 5.1, which they sim sub.  I have sent a complaint to the link you provided, if they ignore me, I will send a complaint to CCTS and the CRTC.

Bumping this post up because starting June 10 Global channel 3 in Waterloo Region is now Pro Logic also.  I contacted CTV Kitchener and was told that Dolby Digital 5.1 is being sent from Toronto to Rogers Kitchener.  Rogers tells me it's the broadcasters problem and decision to switch the audio feed.   Can anybody from Waterloo Region that has a AV Receiver check these 2 channels to see what digital audio feed they are receiving?  Thank you.