CRTC ruling forced Rogers to remove Fairchild from Digital Plus Extra package?!?!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

CRTC ruling forced Rogers to remove Fairchild from Digital Plus Extra package?!?!

I am a Digital Extra Plus customer in Markham, ON and I've been getting Ch36 (Fairchild TV) included without a problem for a long time.  Today, without any warning whatsoever, I tuned to Ch36 it gives me the "To subscribe to this channel call 1888rogers..." message. No heads up in the mail which I've received before, no nothing, Ch36 just removed from my channel line up, unless I pay another $15 to subscribe.

So, I called Rogers and the CSR explained to me that due to some CTRC ruling, Rogers can no longer include Fairchild with my service.  The kicker is if I downgrade back to Digital Plus then I can get it back.

I'm really baffled by this.  What kind of CRTC ruling would be specific enough to make Rogers drop Fairchild only for the Digital Extra Plus tier, while not affecting the Digital Plus tier? Also, the "CRTC ruling" (Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2015-96, #147) encourages provides to offer a-la-cart channel service in addition of bundles, not in lieu.

The CSR was nice enough to offer some temporary concessions after looking into my dilemma. I still feel the whole "CRTC ruling" is an excuse for Rogers to shift the blame while offering less to their customers.

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: CRTC ruling forced Rogers to remove Fairchild from Digital Plus Extra package?!?!

Good evening @unimus,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

We appreciate your interest in Fairchild Television and we understand this situation.

The regular cost of Fairchild Television is  actually $14.95 per month, plus the applicable taxes.

The reason why you benefited from the channel at no cost up until 2 days ago, was because it was offered on"Free Preview" :

• Fairchild Television East - from the 3rd of February 2016 to May 9th 2016
  • Fairchild Television West -  from the 1st of March 2016 t o May 9th 2016
  • Fairchild TV2 SD/HD - from the 3rd of February 2016 to May 9th 2016

Fairchild Television isn't available à-la-carte in certain areas in Ontario.

For example, in Richmond Hill, Bolton and Markham, it's only available as a part of the Cable Plus Original package.

I hope this information clarifies things! 

I am happy to know that the representative you have spoken with was able to offer you a satisfactory resolution.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation