CP24 Freezes / IPG Slow to Update Program Info When Switching Channels Using Page Up/Down

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

CP24 Freezes / IPG Slow to Update Program Info When Switching Channels Using Page Up/Down

Hi.

Nextox 2 (8642) ...

1. Has anyone encounter problems with Channel 24 "freezing" intermittently?

Usually if I switch to another, wait a minute, then go back it's OK.

This doesn't seem to happen on other channels.

2. Anyone also noticed the IPG does not update the program description if you flip though the guide using Page up/down
    (+/- buttons)?

i.e. although the program highlighted is different, in the Info section, it's still referring to the Last program that was   
           high-lighted? Instead of page up/down, I have to go 1 channel up/down to "refresh" the program description.

I know the Nextbox 2 is slow with the latest software, but htis is redonkulous!

A reboot doesn't help.

***Edited labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: CP24 Freezes / IPG Slow to Update Program Info When Switching Channels Using Page Up/Down

I also have this every morning and have the same box.  CP24 is one of the most watch channels in the home and find it extremely frustrating when it happens.

Day by day, I wonder what is the benefit of Cable TV when all I get is poor signals, channels freezing and Rogers not wanting to fix the cable signal problem I have.  I guess it is time to Cancel my services.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: CP24 Freezes / IPG Slow to Update Program Info When Switching Channels Using Page Up/Down

Never an issue at my place with CP24.. but i live in possibly a different area, etc.

Have you had a tech out to check everything there, signal wise, etc?

Even if you yourself havent changed anything.. doesnt mean that something has failed, old cable/splitter/connector, etc, which can cause things like this.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yes try power cycling the netbox, also follow gdkitty advice and check for poor connections/splitters ,etc. if dat don't fix, it you have a problem with the signal and call rogers to fix it

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation