COPA AMÉRICA CENTENARIO 2016 Free

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

COPA AMÉRICA CENTENARIO 2016 Free

Hey guys, so Rogers has decided to charge for these games ridiculous amounts of money. $35 or so a month for just the group stage games and a minimum of 4 month subscription and let's not get started on the finals.

Anyway you can watch it for free in Spanish on channel 780 which is Univision. Forget paying rogers who are being greedy with these games and just watch it in Spanish or stream the games online. Rogers can stick it with those pathetic prices.

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: COPA AMÉRICA CENTENARIO 2016 Free

Hi @eurotik

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums.

The COPA AMERICA international soccer tournament is available through the Super Sports Pack and PPV.

You can get more information here.

@RogersPrasana

I Plan to Stick Around

It's available for FREE on Rogers channel 780 starting June 3. Why don't you advertise that!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree that they should be pontentially advertising this channel as well as an offering.. but:

A) as you said would be spanish.. not everyone speaks it, may want to hear english comentary.

B) 780 is not a standard channel and is not included in any semi standard pacakge, so most people will not have access to it.  They would have to subscribe.

At 7.99 to subcribe to the channel a month, if they are ok with spanish, would be a cheaper option.

I Plan to Stick Around

780 is free to all subscribers as it is on free preview and has been since it debuted.

Why do you need to know Spanish to watch soccer? Do you listen to commentary when you go watch a game live?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@eurotik wrote:

Why do you need to know Spanish to watch soccer? Do you listen to commentary when you go watch a game live?

You make a good point. But for people who aren't soccer geeks, the commentary is important.  Smiley Wink

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am just going by the website.. which states that its a pay channel.
That its in free preview, that then could end at ANY time as well.

Every person is different.
I am overall NOT a sports fan, and only watch it sparingly.
LIVE is one thing (since you are there, etc), but when i watch on TV, its usually there as something to keep up on the game with it in the background while I am doing other things.  So yeah, I DO rely on the comentary.

But every person is different.

I Plan to Stick Around

You keep missing the point lol. And a free preview that has been on for years is not going to end just like that this month. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am not missing the point.

For some people, watching it in spanish (or on mute) would be just fine.
For others it wouldnt.
For those that it would be fine for, this would be a GREAT way for them to watch it Smiley Happy
But it may not be for everyone.

And i am not saying that the free preview WILL end, etc anytime soon.
But, if its a free preview channel, just saying you can not bank/gaurantee on it.
It COULD end the day before this starts for all we know, they can choose to end the preview whenever they want.

I encourage people to find free and legal alternatives, if they work for them.
Sometimes, depending on what the user wants, they will have to pay though.

I'm Here A Lot

I'd love to watch this tournament, but Rogers is asking for $35.95/month with a minimum of 4 months subscription. That's $162.50 after taxes. Are you kidding me?. 

That cost is just to watch the group matches. You have to pay a lot more if you want to watch the playoff games.

It is Ridiculous. What are they smoking?