CBC channel 8 in Ottawa has choppy video

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

CBC channel 8 in Ottawa has choppy video

I have PVR'd a few shows from CBC channel 8 and they all look choppy like there are dropping frames.

Watching the channel live also displays this weird choppy video.

Is this a known issue or a problem with my equipment. All other channels are fine.

***Edited Labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: CBC channel 8 in Ottawa has choppy video

same here...very annoying

I've Been Here Awhile

Hockey night in canada game looks fine on cbc but as soon as it goes to commercial the choppy video returns.......weird.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I'm also noticing the choppy CBC recordings.

Hello, @imis, @mnmnn and @jays77.

Any channel being choppy can surely be disappointing. @imis, I appreciate you joining the Rogers Community Forums and posting your query. Usually, if it's happening on only one channel it could be related to the feed of that channel. It's certainly not your equipment.

If the issue is still ongoing,  please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can investigate. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Add a few more of us to this this problem/thread.  I live in the West End (Baseline/Greenbank), my neighbour has this same issue, and my son who lives in Barrhaven  has this issue.  I contact CBC and they do not know of any issues with their signals.  I have a case open with Rogers, techs believe it's an interference issue.  Kind of makes me think it is something else since Barrhaven is also experiencing this problem.   Can't really feel like watching programs on CBC because of this...

I've Been Around

Same problem here - choppy video on some programs on CBC, but not all programs. 

I'm in Ottawa's Hunt Club / Riverside area.  Problem started mid September.  I thought it was CTV at first and called Technical Support.  I reported channels 8 and 514 as choppy.  They told me that my signal was just fine.

But it's not just fine, it's choppy.  Please fix it soon.

I've Been Around

Same thing happening here in Orleans - very annoying!

Hi Community!

I realize how annoying choppy video quality can be. If you're continuing to experience this issue please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can create a ticket for you. To learn more about our Private Messaging system, please visit here.

Thank you for your patience 🙂.

RogersZia

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Are people outside of the Ottawa area experiencing this as well?
I have found I get a bit better quality by using the time shift feature and recording from the Vancouver feed.