Bug after deleteing a show with NextBox 3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Bug after deleteing a show with NextBox 3

After deleting a show that are located in a folder (recorded series), my PVR will stop there and the message "deleting..." will show up there forever.

If I exit my list menu, all my recorded shows are displayed as blank (no titiles, cannot be selected!)
This issue goes away after rebooting the PVR. A 10 minutes rebooting is so annoying after deleting a show!
Please fix this bug!

I'm using modern User interface - NextBox 3

***Edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Bug after deleteing a show with NextBox 3

Sounds like a hard drive is failing. Did you try to swap the box?

I recorded and deleted several shows without problems, so it seems like a hardware problem 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Bug after deleting a show with NextBox 3

Thanks TeDD13, not yet. This bug only appears sometimes when I delete something...

When I got my NextBox 2, it wouldn't boot up, so I had to wait for one week to exchange it (customer service wouldn't believe it!). I finally exchanged it and the new one worked.

Now that I switched to Nextbox 3, it’s annoying to request another exchange!

It's interesting to see such terrible products from Cisco!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have quite a number of things in folders (wife has been saving ALOT of kids programming for my son) and haven't experienced this on the nb3

I Plan to Stick Around

I have had this problem since my NEXTBOX 2.0, and it is the primary reason to upgrade to the NEXTBOX 3.0.  Unfortunately, I started expericing this same problem with the NEXTBOX 3.0 too.

Not sure if it is the reason, but it seems the problem started to happen when the drive is around 70% full.

Unless I'm really unlucky, I don't think this will happen on both boxes. I'm almost certain that this is a software issue.

Also, I don't really want to exchange the box again. 70% of a 1TB drive = a lot of recordings!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

I have exchanged the box last week. And in just over a week, the same problem already occurs on the "new" box. This is definitely a software issue.

I'm a Frequent Visitor

still happening in 2014, almost 2015. Perhaps related to 80% or so utilized disc? What a pain.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

More people seem to notice more issues come up, with 80% or higher ustilization of the drive.

This is something they should obviously try and fix, if they can.

You can add MORE storage relitively easily, with any 3rd party eSATA conected hard drive.  (not sure on the max size, may be 2tb)

I have the older rogers extender one on it.. and having double the recording size is nice.  I have had up to 100 hours of mostly HD on there at one point.. and didnt go over 35% usage.

I Plan to Stick Around

As I have "confirmed" with my 3 boxes, this issue can happen anytime, not only after 80% of utilization. My box happened as little as less than 10% utilization.

This also does not only happen after deleting a recording. It can happen just after watching a recording. I also noticed it happens on recordings on a specific channel. For me, channel 36 (Fairchild) happens most often.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have had the same box, since pretty much release week... and have only had it come up ONCE.

I more often just get the display issue.. where the recording are THERE, just wont list properly by name (if you go by date, you can see them all)

The trick is finding out WHAT actions or series of actions might be causing this.

Not saying they shouldnt fix it.. its just something to help point them in the right direction as to WHAT is trigering it possibly.

I dont think that different channels, etc, use different codec's etc.. so that shouldnt be the difference.. but possibly.