Blue Jays in 4K

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Blue Jays in 4K

Hi, I was watching aToronto BlueJays Home game, which are all broadcast in 4k. This channel does not broadcast at all in 4k. The blue light indicating a 4k feed never comes on. A Rogers tech was over and said nothing wrong with my signal or box. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Fn wrote:

Hi, I was watching aToronto BlueJays Home game, which are all broadcast in 4k. This channel does not broadcast at all in 4k. The blue light indicating a 4k feed never comes on. A Rogers tech was over and said nothing wrong with my signal or box. 

Forgive the stupid question, but you didn't give this information in your post - what channel were you watching the game on?

I Plan to Stick Around

The problem is channel 998. I watched a BlueJays game last weekend on 997 and it was in 4k. It seems that channel 998 is not broadcasting at all in 4k. On all other 4k channels the blue indicator light on the box lights up on channel 998 it does not ever!

I'm Here A Lot

Over the last week or so something has changed for 4k blue jays broadcasts on Rogers 997. The video is not smooth any more. There's a bit of a stutter like the frame rate has been lowered or something. But I can't watch it now. What changed and why??
All my other 4k channels are fine.
This was fine until like a week ago......
I Plan to Stick Around

The Bluejays are on a road trip right now so games are not in 4K. When they return home I will watch closely and see if I notice anything. 

I'm Here A Lot

I'm watching the game right now. It's like I'm watching a movie in 24 fps. Something is not right

Good evening @cepcep,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thanks for your posts! Smiley Happy

The Jays in 4K is where it's at! I'm not aware of any known issues with the games in 4K. Do you watch any other programming other than the Jays on Sportsnet ONE 4K? Are you experiencing the same trouble? If so, you may have a signal issue we need to address. Please check that your coaxial cable is secured to the wall and the back of your 4K NextBox.

If all that checks out, please give technical support a call or send us a PM at @CommunityHelps and we'll test your signal.

If you're unfamiliar on how to send a PM, you can learn how to here.

RogersTim

I'm Here A Lot

Hi,
I suppose it could be a signal issue. But I don't think so. The picture is not cutting out. All other 4k channels are fine.
It's not the easiest problem to notice. But you can see it when there is motion. There is a tiny bit of delay in everything. Hard to describe.
But if no one is seeing it then I guess it's just happening to me...
I'm Here A Lot

Even watching the raptors in 30 on channel 997 it shows the same issue.
I was watching the raptors game last night on I think 998 and it was great.
Something is going on with 997.
I'm Here A Lot

So I'm watching the raptors on 997 and 998.
998 is normal. 997 is not smooth motion.
No one else is seeing this problem??