Blue Jays in 4K

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Blue Jays in 4K

I am watching the Jays game on channel 998 in 4K right now (July 7) however the game is not in 4K and I can notice the difference. I've checked Rogers box settings and it's set to Ultrahd. Why is the Jays game not in 4K?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Blue Jays in 4K

Good evening @Farx,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention.

As per Sportnet's website, today's game should in fact be in Ultra High Definition.

Did you notice a difference in the feed since you originally posted?

If you have a NextBox 4K set top box, a 4K-ready TV and normally have access to Rogers 4K Content, I would not know why you wouldn't have access to the game in 4K.

I have reached out to another team to obtain further information on this.

Any other member of the Community noticed the samething?

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes the picture has gone back to 4K now, not sure why that happened? Also when I posted my question, channel 999 which shows the sample 4K was broadcasting in 4K on my tv so my tv was working fine.

Wonderful! 

Thanks for updating the Community @Farx Smiley Wink

At this time, I do not have to provide you with a specific explanation pertaining to the cause of the issue. 

However, we greatly appreciate you took the time to share the details of the issue you were experiencing with us, and with the other Community users.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your day!

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

I just upgraded to the Rogers 4k package and was looking forward to watching the Bluejays game in 4k! (June5).  The game was on Sportsnet 998 but I was not getting a 4k uhd feed! The other music channels were saying I was getting 4k feed but the game was not in 4k. No visible difference from the HD feed on 581. The blue 4k light was also not on. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The following link doesn't show that game in 4K - perhaps due to a time change?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/watch-81-toronto-blue-jays-home-games-sportsnet-4k/

I Plan to Stick Around

This link shows year 2017, not current 2018. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sorry, I just tried to search the web for the info.  Here's a link that shows tonight's game should be 4K.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/schedule/

Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday should also be in 4K according to the link above.  I'm not a baseball fan, but all Jays home games should be 4K.  I don't know why last night wasn't, although I do recall reading something about time changes, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

For two weeks now since getting the Rogers 4k PVR, channel 998 is not broadcasting in 4k. Blue light indicating 4k broadcast is not lighting. Other 4k channels are! Rogers tech was over and said everything at my end was fine. Can’t get a straight answer from Rogers. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hello @Fn

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post Robot Happy!

May I know what program you were watching when you noticed 4K was not broadcasting? Some content is not available in 4K. Any one else in the Community noticed any issues with Channel 998?

RogersZia