Blocked channel - Disc Velocity

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Blocked channel - Disc Velocity

Hello forum - wonder if anyone is having the same issue as myself.  Discovery Velocity channel is all of a sudden being blocked in my listings even though I'm supposed to have access to it in my cable package.  I have called Rogers for assistance and have completed all the solutions they have suggested but still the channel is blocked.  I keep receiving the 'contact your television provider to receiving access to this channel'.  At this point, Rogers has said there is nothing they can do to fix it.  Any suggestions....

Krunner

*** Edited Labels ***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Blocked channel - Disc Velocity

I'm assuming you only had contact with one person so far?  I'd suggest either PM'ing the moderators here or using the "Share a concern" link, or perhaps try TV tech service chat?  Here are some links:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

I like using Chat because then I have a record of the conversation via a chat transcript sent to my e-mail at the close of the chat and the chat is also added to your file in case you need to call back.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Krunner  What package do you have? Have you always had Discovery Velocity? It was originally introduced as a free preview and occasionally returns as a free preview. otherwise it's  a subscription channel and you have to call Rogers to subscribe.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Old Yeller - apologies, I've tried to reply to you a couple of times and I'm having trouble with the Rogers site (I really can't win!).  I have Exec VIP package and two different Rogers people have confirmed Velocity is included in the package.  I started watching it around February (I actually didn't realize I could view the channel until I was looking up information about a specific race).  Thanks for the help

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I used to be on the ultimate VIP with movies package. Although I was on that package, I would occasionally lose certain channels that they wouldn't "grandfather" any more (these were removed as they noticed). I'm now on the Premier package because Rogers would no longer extend that very good package any more for me earlier this year at "renewal time"  I did, however, manage to get a pretty good renewal rate.  Discovery Velocity is only available now as part of the Adventure Theme Pack for $10, or as a standalone for $4.

You can scroll down to the channel in the link below:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/tv?icid=bu-ppmbccon-itspirctv-5#/channels

You may be able to negotiate an extension of the channel in your package - good luck.  I don't know if it was recently on free preview or not.

Just so you know, you're not the only one having Forum login issues:  See the following thread:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/Signing-in-to-the-forum/td-p/3...

I'm a Senior Advisor

@KrunnerI should have mentioned I have the grandfathered regular VIP package and have only seen Discovery Velocity when it was first introduced as free preview and I believe another time on free preview. 

In my opinion even the regular VIP is a much better value than any of Rogers current offerings and so far Rogers has not tried to cancel it on me.  But I'm just below my limit of $100 for cable, so if that goes up or Rogers discontinues VIP for me, I'll be gone because my ISP is switching to fibre and offers a similar package to Ignite TV, which I can bundle with my phone and internet and end up paying less. And @57 is right, Rogers has been removing channels from VIP and not replacing them, calling it "realignment".

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks 57 - that's unfortunate about the channel.  I'm already paying what seems to be a small fortune for my cable and internet so I'm not going to cough up any more $$ for a specialty channel.  It's too bad Rogers can remove one of the 25 (or so it seems!) TSN channels to make room for another station to watch racing on that is not F1 or NASCAR.

Thanks for the heads up on the Forum issues - it's nice to know I wasn't losing my mind!

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Old Yeller - 'realignment'? that's a good one.  Not sure when Velocity was first introduced, as I mentioned I only found it in my listings back in February.  Still, from February to last weekend seems like a long time if it was a free preview.  I don't recall seeing any messages about subscribing to the channel during those months.  Seems like my days of watching endurance racing are going to be pretty limited.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

A lot of racing that used to be on cable TV is gone. I used to watch the Tour de France, the Giro and the Vuelta, and now the only one left is the TdF. It seems that those rights have been bought by streaming enterprises that require costly subscriptions.