cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Screen on Ch.484 HD Showcase...Again

RRF1
I plan to stick around

Blank screen on an SDV channel ...once again, on both STB's.

This time it is Showcase on channel 484, out  of the Scarlett Rd. headend,

QAM frequency is 813Mhz. Other channels on same QAM frequency are working, no errors.

Please do not contact me and ask to reboot box, book a service call etc.

This is not an end user issue, like each time before, it is a headend issue.

This has become so tiring...

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Blank Screen on Ch.484 HD Showcase...Again

RRF1
I plan to stick around

Opened a new ticket this morning.

First support staff member in Moncton was not much help...wanted to go through the whole reboot , service call etc. script.

But I called a local support number, and the guy acknowledged the history behind this issue, noticed similar tickets were open, and escalated the ticket.

Later today, HDSHO was back in the lineup. 

Victory !! 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Do you have a friend or neighbour who still has legacy digital cable and who is in your neighbourhood (on the same head end)?  If so, perhaps contact them to see if they have the same issue?

As you are no doubt aware, a black screen is almost always an indicator of a signal issue at your home or in your neighbourhood.  If it were a head end issue, there would probably be many more complaints.

Showcase is working fine on IgniteTV here in Toronto near Yonge & Lawrence.

RRF1
I plan to stick around
My levels and signal are fine. All other channels on the same QAM frequency are fine. ( now 801Mhz S/N 37dB, no errors) This issue is not isolated to a specific QAM frequency.
Each time this happens they send out contractor service techs, Rogers maintenance techs, and eventually (days later) escalate to the headend. Last time, even though none of their STB's would work, it took them 5 days to find a SA3800HD to "confirm" the issue. Once the maintenance tech went to the headend, it was resolved quickly.

RRF1
I plan to stick around
If you recall...it was only after reaching a new hire on the service desk, who then examined my history and escalated the issue to their manager, who then escalated it to the headend, that the same issue was resolved last time.
Those posts have been purged.
This is now the 3rd time for this issue. Each resolved at the headend.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. There may be some sort of incompatibility between the head end and your SA8300HDs.

2. The SA8300HDs are almost 20 years old and Rogers is unlikely to spend a lot of time troubleshooting them, especially with their desire to migrate people to IgniteTV.

RRF1
I plan to stick around

As usual...Rogers has cleared the ticket, but not repaired the problem.

Channel is still blank.

What is wrong with this company !

RRF1
I plan to stick around

Opened a new ticket this morning.

First support staff member in Moncton was not much help...wanted to go through the whole reboot , service call etc. script.

But I called a local support number, and the guy acknowledged the history behind this issue, noticed similar tickets were open, and escalated the ticket.

Later today, HDSHO was back in the lineup. 

Victory !! 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Good for you!  Did you happen to find out what the issue is/was, so that it can be solved more quickly next time? Do you know if it specifically affects the SA8300HD or all legacy cable customers?

RRF1
I plan to stick around

No I did not hear back from Rogers this time, that it was repaired.

RRF1
I plan to stick around

Just received (11:00AM) the automated call for my service ticket...only it was to say that there is a delay in resolving the issue, even though it was fixed yesterday.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
I also got the "there's been a delay in fixing the problem... " email message, even after the Global simsub issue I called about was fixed (perhaps for about 10-14 days after). On the very day I was going to call in to ask why I keep getting the email, I noticed that I got a new email saying that the problem was fixed.
Perhaps Rogers is still in the process of double-checking that all is well, or looking for a more permanent fix, rather than the fix currently being used to deliver Showcase to your box?
Regardless, it's certainly better to be late, than to be too early in closing a case.
ABC ... Always Be Closing
Close, but no cigar. 🚬

JeffE
I've been here awhile
Hi, would it be possible to get that number, I'm having a similar problem with my SA8300HD, whole bunch of channels out. They all seem to be on the same QAM Frequency, I looked st the diag screen on my NextBox and the same channel is on a different QAM on that box and working which tells me my SA8300HD isn't getting line up channel to QAM frequency updates.
Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation