Black Screens

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Black Screens

Hi there,

I thought I would try here before calling in to CS. 

Our cable is non-existant right now. The box will turn on and it shows the Rogers channel (channel 1) and it'll show the guide as well as the guide that's at the bottom of each channel but the screen is black. Doesn't matter what channel we go to, we can't seem to get any of them to work. I just find it odd that the first channel will work but not the rest.

Any ideas?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Black Screens

maybe its a provisioning issue? they can confirm your stb is provisoined on your account, they can also teach you how to check the signal strength of the box incase its a signal issue too

I've Been Around

Hello, did you ever figure out that issue?

I'm currently having the same issue...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its usualy a provisioning issue as pauly said..if its a new box, and isnt properly added to the account.

Other thing can be signal.

Do any other TVs work in the house? if you dont have any others, are you able to try the box/tv on another cable jack in the house? (just to eliminate something happening at that one.

Best to give a call in, they can make sure the box is on the account properly, etc.. re-provision it, etc. as well as do some tests from there.

I've Been Around

Have same issue - black screen after returning from vacation box was new last summer and in use in study upstairs. TV downstairs working fine .
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you rebooted the box yet?

If still nothing, give them a call, see if they can try to re-authorize the box from their end.

I Plan to Stick Around

When I went to turn my TV on this morning. I noticed the screen was black. I cant access any channels. Everything else works (Menus etc) but the screen is simply black. This is happening to my 2 TVs that are using the recent Cisco Nextbox but not with the my third TV that is using an older box.

How can this problem be alleviated?

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

I think, best option would be to call tech.
They may need to push the signal or update the firmware/software on the box.

If this issue are on Nextbox only and not your older box - it may be just software related.

Have you tried calling tech support?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Have you tried rebooting your box?
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi. The problem seemd to have fixed itself. I never had that happen before but it was like that for almost half a day. It finally began to reboot on its own and now I have everythign back.

The only problem now is I cant get the volume to work on my Rogers remote! I have to use my TV remote to mute  or adjust the volume!!!

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 in conversation