Bedroom Nextbox 3 Sticks At "Dwnld" - Update Issues or Cable?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Bedroom Nextbox 3 Sticks At "Dwnld" - Update Issues or Cable?

My roomie reports that his NB3 sticks almost daily at dwnld and he has to then manually reboot it to get it working again.   This box is only about 1 month old and is the second one for that room already since that box was released..   He thinks the box needs exchanging yet again (I rent it) and I argue that maybe the cable to the bedrooms needs an amplifier.

However it's difficult to judge as Rogers service generally has been so patchy lately with all the services suffering outages at varying times over the last few months.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

***Edited labels***

Peter
Toronto
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Bedroom Nextbox 3 Sticks At "Dwnld" - Update Issues or Cable?

bar a bad download period..

Usually it would be signal that would hold it up, in my experience.  my bedroom, which is BARELY OK signal wise, sometimes gets stuck on the 4642 on the dnld... but my other ones in the house, the other 4642 and the NB3 very rarely.

Thanks.  A bad download occasionally perhaps but not every time.  I feel that it's the signal being weaker through there.   There used to be a cable amplifier where the cable enters my apartment but one Rogers guy a while back announced that it was unnecessary and whipped it out.   He told me something about it would mess up the home phone or something similar.

Oh well, I guess I need to put in a service call perhaps.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, it would mess the home phone or Internet. But no reason to rip it out.
When the signal first comes in, split it.
On one side split it for the Internet/home phone. On the the other side, then put the amp for the tvs

Yes, that's what I thought would be best.  Thanks.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
I'm Here A Lot

Every day this week my NextBox3 seems to receive an update and it sticks on dnld status. Today (Friday ) it's been at this status all day. Re-booted it several times today, it goes through the boot process, counts up to channel 05 and sticks there for several minutes and then goes back to dnld. Also did an online reset 3 times so far and it's still stuck on dnld. Anyone experiencing something similar? Any suggestions?

I'm a Senior Contributor

About 2 weeks ago, both my boxes were stuck in dnld overnight. I phoned support, and the voice response indicated that as a routine measure, my boxes had been re-authorized. Before I even got through to a CSR, the download completed and the time was showing. Apparently, for some reason authorization is being lost in some cases. I suggest phoning support and see if re-authorization cures your problem.

I'm an Advisor

Rogers appears to be tinkering with the insides of our machines again today with mixed results.

See:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I'm Here A Lot

Spoke with Rogers Tech support this morning. They suggested pressing the CBL and then the Exit button on the remote. If dnld doesn't disappear on the status do another reboot and it should work. It's supposed to assist with getting the update to finish installing. Did those steps and the box is working again.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 in conversation