BTV (channel 793) not working after 7+ hours

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

BTV (channel 793) not working after 7+ hours

I have signed up for BTV channel (793) at 11am today and it is now almost 7pm and the channel is still not available. $10 charged to me and no services provided.

I am more than frustrated at this point. 

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: BTV (channel 793) not working after 7+ hours

I am in Maple Ontario.....maybe the weather is to be blamed. Get your act together people.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello almeidapm

Have you tried to reboot the cable box & see if that gives u the channel? Unplug it for 10 seconds & plug it back it. Let it boot & see if the channel comes on.

If it does not, contact Rogers Cable tech support & see if they can zap the box on their end.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

done all the above and still no channel. A friend of mine has the same channel and it doesn't work for him either.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello almeidapm

Then that means it could be a issue with Rogers or with the channel. It could be that the channel is just down for whatever reason & it should be back within a couple of hours or so. I would just contact Rogers & see if they know any more info. This is just a User to user forum.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

no worries i am going to call and cancel everything....Bell has the channel i want so i can always go elsewhere.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello almeidapm

Make sure before you cancel & go to Bell to see their reviews & see if the same channel is having issues with them as well. It will be a shame cancelling with Rogers & going to Bell & the same channel has issues. Just my opinion here.

Goodluck!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

over 30 hours and still not working....ridiculous.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you called back in to check and see if there are any other issues?

You have seen the charge already show up on your account? (just incase the person DIDNT put it on properly before).

most times i have made changed like that, are usually instantanious.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello almeidapm

Have you tried calling Rogers again to see what's going on?. See if they can give u more information on what's going on or submit a ticket..

When you log into My Rogers and go into your cable account, do u see the channel added and being charged?. If not then they never added it but if it's there, call them and see if they can compisate u for the past time being as u aren't able to use the channel