BBC Canada Next To Go?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Enthusiast

BBC Canada Next To Go?

Saw an on-screen message while watching BBC Canada that as of next month we will no longer be able to watch it. Last month I noticed a similar message from the Buffalo station that broadcasts CBS. What's going on? Are they chipping away at the channels we can see one by one? Will our big screen TVs become simple monitors to watch the internet on with a bunch of streaming services that each carry one or two shows worth following? This doesn't sound like something I want to pay $200/mth for, much less whatever inflated price we'll be presented with in the near future.

*** Edited Labels ***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: BBC Canada Next To Go?

BBC Canada is a licensed brand to Corus, and the license runs out Dec 31. This has nothing to do with Rogers, the channel is shutting down as Corus has decided not to renew.
The WIVB message you saw was in relation to something in the US, not Rogers. I have seen it more than once. They are being dropped by some service in the US but I do not recall which one.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cap07 : See the following post/thread.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Changes-to-Ignite-TV-Channels-in-Packages-and-Theme-...

Also, if you check your November Rogers bill, the information should also be there - as follows.

The broadcaster for BBC Canada has decided to stop airing this channel starting on January 1, 2021. This means it will no longer be part of your TV or theme package. If you pay a separate monthly service fee for this channel, we will stop charging you. We love TV too and we're sorry that you may be losing a channel you enjoy. For more details, please visit www.rogers.com/channel-updates.

I've Been Around

Well that IS good to know.  I have just changed over to IGNITE Rogers and I was going to renew this channel. Not now I guess.